kleggo

skydive empuriabrava

i think i'm going for the big way camp.
who can fill me in on the hot scoop?
1.best airport to fly into?
2.any special local towns i should not miss?
3. how close to the sierra nevadas if i decide to bring a bike?
4. who makes the best paella?

cheryl????????????

email me oyur phone #, i'll call you
or someone else if they offer to help.

thanks

craigo
[email protected]

You'll love it. I had a great time last fall. From the US it was easiest to fly into Barcelona. I had one of the Brits pick me up so I didn't have to try and figure out trains. Europeans were mostly flying RyanAir into a smaller local airport.

Cheryl did a lot more touring than idea, but I remember she liked the Dali museum. I loved Barcelona and had a great time there...

W

Hi, I´m from south africa and jumped at empurio last weekend. If you can it will be best to fly into Girona, its about 12 km/7mi from empurio. So fly to Barcelona and get connection flight to Girona. Barcelona is about 120km away. Fairly easy to get taxi from Girona to Empu.
Regards

Arnie

Hi,. So fly to Barcelona and get connection flight to Girona. Barcelona is about 120km away..

No flights between BCN and Gerona... or else small private plane (which could fly you directly to Empuria...). Or train from BCN to Figueres then bus or taxi.

Sierra Nevada is around Madrid... VERY far in European distance...But the Pyrenees are much closer to mountain bike...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hey Kleggo!

I flew into Girona, but flew out of Barcelona. (Had problem with weight issues using Ryan Air out of London to Girona, so rebooked out of Barcelona. Glad I did.)

Hotel - I liked the Hotel Castle Blanc (sp?) because it was clean, close, and very very cheap.

You might want to check with Dave Richardson or Chris Gay about sharing a car. The car is very convenient, although scary when driving in Barcelona. (There are zippy little scooters EVERWHERE who think they are James Bond!)

Lots of hills towards the coast a little ways. Keep in mind that the roads are NARROW! Oh, and there is no shoulder in a lot of places, so if you get run off the road on your cycle, you'll get run off the mountain.

Dali Museum was interesting - strange. The Dali home was over at the coast and was interesting. There is a museum of the Citadel of Roses at the next town over from Empuria - interesting.

I enjoyed the architecture in Barcelona the most, especially Gaudi's El Temple De La Sagrada Familia. Save some time to walk (or cycle if you're not run over) in Barcelona.

Cheryl

Baggage allowance flying ryanair is 15kgs, they dont always weigh going out of england, depending on the airport but they always weigh in spain and you do get charged if you are over although you can pre-book unlimited sports baggage which i believe is about £18 ($35 approx) each way, but you must pre book this.

hotel castell blanc is excellent and 5 minutes walk from the dz but book early as it does get full, they also have a very good bunkhouse very recently built, rooms sleep 4, again pre-booking advised.

from the airport at girona its about 40 minutes drive 40km, 90+ minutes from barcelona.

also walk along the main road into town about 10 minutes or so on the left hand side you will find the el-dorado steakhouse great t-bones and mixed grills.

enjoy!

plastic

He plastic,

did you break a leg recently.The walk from the castell blanc is about 1 minut not 5. B|
Are we seeing you in empuria?

Hans
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

When you get to my age you walk slow.

sadly i will not be in spain. I am doing a 16-way weekend at langar the first weekend and then we are off to russia 8-way training from 11-19 of june and of course i only recently got back from las vegas.

I will have to try and catch up with you and danny later this year.

plastic