AggieDave

CReW "spaceball?"

I noticed in a parachutist (can't remember which one, but within the past couple months) that some folks in the middle of the stack had a "spaceball" that they were playing with.

Anyone have any more information about it, pics? This peaked my curiosity (although I'm not going to run out and make one, I want to know more about it).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I noticed in a parachutist (can't remember which one, but within the past couple months) that some folks in the middle of the stack had a "spaceball" that they were playing with.

Anyone have any more information about it, pics? This peaked my curiosity (although I'm not going to run out and make one, I want to know more about it).

Well there is a real cheap and fun way to do this. Find and appropriate beverage that comes in a 12 oz can. Then do a hop and pop. Next consume beverage when done with beverage slightly crush can. Throw can and then attempt to catch can in one of the cells in your canopy. Quite fun If can is to floaty then next time smash can a little more. As you get better you can land with several empty beverage cans in your canopy. Try at your own risk.

Avgjoe
Hook it for safety

AggieDave - I've heard of folks chasing nerf balls under canopy. Supposedly they fall at roughly the same rate as canopies and there's little harm that can come from running into one. IIRC, Jon Sikorsky (sikorsky) has done some of this.

avgjoe - I'm with crewdog2 on this one.

starkmtn - Based on your avatar (only three shirts with that font were made - I have one of them), I'll guess I know you, but your lack of profile info makes it difficult to place the face. Care to identitfy yourself? A PM is fine.

Bob

By any chance are you referring to JimBo's new invention? I think he took a tennis ball and glued streamers of some sort to it.

He took it up at Moss Point. He threw it across the 16 way diamond, zoomed right past Chico who was on the wing on the other side. Chico didn't know what it was!

Then, JimBo was playing it again and threw it straight up. It never came down! I can't remember who just happened to catch it in the formation. They finally dangled it down the front of the formation.

Loads of fun! JimBo is always up to something. Someone's silly revenge.... JimBo looked up to make sure he was docked, then looked down to take a dock. When he looked back up, there was a Barbie hanging from his parachute!

JimBo looked up to make sure he was docked, then looked down to take a dock. When he looked back up, there was a Barbie hanging from his parachute!

Bwwwahahahahahaha!

That's awsome!

As you get better you can land with several empty beverage cans in your canopy. Try at your own risk.

When the game gets too easy you can just get a canopy with a formed nose like a Velocity or XAOS, and make it harder.

:D:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

It's pretty obvious that you don't do CRW. Why don't you play with your beer cans while someone more knowledgeable addresses this subject.

It's that obvious huh?

I'd sugest you probably ought to find out a little more about the person you're talking about before you make shit up. The gentleman in question is a pretty proficient CReW pilot. And a hell of a fun guy as well.

I'd sugest you probably ought to find out a little more about the person you're talking about before you make shit up. The gentleman in question is a pretty proficient CReW pilot. And a hell of a fun guy as well.

Not to be a smart ass or anything, but I really have to laugh at the irony of your comment. And who you're making it to.

It's that obvious huh?

I suggest you learn a little more about the person you're replying to before you start questioning his reply. He's being doing CRW longer than avgjoe, you, and I combined have been jumping. Proficient CReW pilot? I know most of them in the country and all of them on the west coast. crewdog2 is one of the best.

Bob

I suggest you learn a little more about the person you're replying to before you start questioning his reply.

Hey, listen. I made no comment about crewdog2's skill set. I know who he is. Doesn't change the fact he attempted to dog out someone I know has more than just a hand full of CReW jumps and is pretty damn good at it.

I know most of them in the country and all of them on the west coast.

You attitude suggests that unless one is part of you "clique" they could not possibly have any input. Keep it then.

I've done CReW and CReW video with some of the worlds best, and I've discovered the same thing as is seen in any other aspect of the sport. There are a small percentage of fragile egos who can't handle someone who might have learned something on their own.

Get off his tip. My comment stands. By what was said in crewdog2's post he was incorrect in his assesment of avgjoe's skill set.

Hey, I can be wrong. It's happened before, and it will probably happen again. If people wouldn't play all this "Secret Squirrel" stuff it would certainly be a lot easier to make an accurate assessment of their comments.

It appeared to me that AggieDave was asking the CRW community a legitimate question. Then, someone unknown to us (Avgjoe), replies with the beer can story. "A" license, no jump numbers, no dz entered, and no name. Just figured he wasn't one of ours.

I would say to Avgjoe, come forward and I will personally apoligize. Then after that, we're going to do some CReW.

Blue skies & black nights,

Russ

Yeah, I thought it was a legitimate question. It sounded cool and I was curious; however, I'm by no means a crew dog or that good at crew, I just do simple stacks on occasion...so, I thought I'd ask the folks that know whats going on.:)

>>Passed on from Jimbo <<

Dave,
Sorry I didn't reply to the post on DropZone.com -- the post link was
forwarded to me from the CReWDog email list. I am the one that "invented"
the CReW Ball among other entertainment devices.

It's very simple: tennis ball, two 3 foot strips of surveyors tape, 12" x
1" duct tape. Route the tape around the tennis ball and secure the two
pieces of surveyors tape on each side of the tennis ball (in parallel with
each other) . You will have a ball with two parallel tails. Then get some
altitude, a good canopy, a friend and toss between canopies. You may want
to make a couple -- the first few attempts count as "training."

Let me know how it goes !

Blue Skies,
Jim Bolton
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...

You will have a ball with two parallel tails. Then get some

So it has a similar decent rate to PD Lightenings?

It'll be a while before I make something like this, it was more a point of curiosity then it was something that I wanted to try right now...maybe later.;)

Oh, and thank you very much for posting a reply. For some reason I figured the person who made it would end up posting about it...DZ.com is fun like that.B|

You will have a ball with two parallel tails. Then get some

Let me know how it goes !

Blue Skies,
Jim Bolton

Jimbo was even bouncing a plain old tennis ball around the inside of the Otter on one of the rides to altitude. He threw it at the back wall, it ricocheted, bounced off another guy's forehead and went out the open door... oops... :D If I could list all the things he did out there just to get us chuckling and laughing, I'd fill two whole pages... what a nut... :ph34r:

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Jim Bolton

Jimbo was even bouncing a plain old tennis ball around the inside of the Otter on one of the rides to altitude. He threw it at the back wall, it ricocheted, bounced off another guy's forehead and went out the open door... oops... :D If I could list all the things he did out there just to get us chuckling and laughing, I'd fill two whole pages... what a nut... :ph34r:

Blue Skies
Billy

Nah,
he's not a nut, he's my idol :):):)B|

Crw Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Find and appropriate beverage that comes in a 12 oz can. Then do a hop and pop. Next consume beverage when done with beverage slightly crush can. Throw can and then attempt to catch can in one of the cells in your canopy. ....As you get better you can land with several empty beverage cans in your canopy. Try at your own risk.

I dont care what anybody says...Now this has always been a fun one for me! :P....And the look on a persons face when they have it done to them for the first time......hahahahha....:ph34r: