Maximus1

Smiley Face Altimeter

I saw an altimeter with smiley faces instead of numbers at Couch Freaks this year. I'm trying to find one. I belive the owner said it was made by Evolution, but I can't find it on the web.

- Maximus

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

I have a Mickey Mouse altimeter; I painted Mickey's face on it myself... Love those Altimaster 2's with the screw-off faceplates.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

there is a post on the next page of this forum about evolution altimeters , I jumped a standard one last week worked real well and felt so high quality, I wanna get one with just normal numbers on it, Or you can go to the freefall accessories website, I just don't have the address at hand, but it is on the same post,
Fly like an aardvark

I just bought a custom one with smily faces on it along with a few other tweeks for personalizations reasons. He did note that the lack off numbers was a concern to him and he even checked up on me to see that I had in his words "enough jumps" to be able to look at the needle position compared to numbers. These altimeters are very nice and I will be posting a full review next week and a picture of my new wrist baby. I got a customized face on one of the new stainless altimeters.

I have had nothing but good responsiveness and great information from these guys. Check them out at www.freefallaccessories.com

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Yes the lense can be removed easy enough, however the needle requires a spechial tool to remove it without bending the internal workings.

Even with the correct tools, every altimeter that has had physical loads applyed to the internal workings, (pulling off the needle and putting it back on), should be checked in a test chamber to insure that you have not dammaged the workings or affected the calabration in any way.

Jumping the altimeter without testing it in controled conditions is NOT recomended. And NO, a jump is not a controled condition.

I am stressing this because of the potenchial danger that an altimeter that is not working correctly can present. At the very least, one of wich is a two canopies out, after the Cypres fired when the user pulled to low because their altimeter stuck or was out of calibration.

Alti-2 is at a lot of boogies buring the year. They have a chamber that they test altimeters for calibration for free. They will not be happy that you have altered their model of altimeter, but that aside they should run it up so you can see if it is with in speck and is working smooth throuht the entire range.

To everyone, there is no reason to risk safety. Be carefull up there, the planet will not move out of the way for you! Sorey.