NiteQwill

And so it "clicked"

With a little bit of excellent ground and jump coaching from folks at the DZ (thanks Mike!), my last 4 jumps I had a weird epiphany...

...and I began to sitfly! Each jump getting better and more stable. It just "clicked" one moment out the plane at 12.5K and I finally had a chance to watch the ocean disappear behind the mountains during the entire freefall...

THE BEST feeling since AFF 1. B|

is this the dark side?
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett

Sitflying at this many jumps?

Damn, I can't even backfly, keep going into a fatal spinning totale B|

After a 3-way star that 'accidently' went into a 3-way headdown the day prior, I got the "freefly" itch after welcoming the huge smile on my face. So I just had to try a sitfly...

The entire week prior, I still gave myself huge grins doing 3, 4, and 5-ways. I still think my heart is RW... :$
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett

The entire week prior, I still gave myself huge grins doing 3, 4, and 5-ways. I still think my heart is RW...

Then get the hell out of this forum! >:(

I'm kidding! ;)

It's great that you are enjoying learning how to fly upright, just make sure you're doing it with experienced skydivers who fall straight down so you're not accidentally tracking into another group's airspace. Most newbie freefliers think they're falling striaght down when they're actually floating all over the sky.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

With a little bit of excellent ground and jump coaching from folks at the DZ (thanks Mike!), my last 4 jumps I had a weird epiphany...

...and I began to sitfly! Each jump getting better and more stable. It just "clicked" one moment out the plane at 12.5K and I finally had a chance to watch the ocean disappear behind the mountains during the entire freefall...

THE BEST feeling since AFF 1. B|

is this the dark side?

YAY! I'm finally getting it myself!! It feels great. It's all I want to do! B|B|B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

Keep it up! B| Sometimes, I can tell a 20-something year old guy is underestimating me when I get on a jump with him. After all, I'm probably the same age as his mother and most think 40-something year old women are all into RW. The look on his face after coming down from doing a few points with him is priceless, just you wait and see. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I started sitflying at 40 jumps and at 65, it really feels more normal. I am by no means a pro and transitions are completely foreign to me but I CAN SIT!

I'm psyched !

Standing is fun too, talk about SPEED

Jeff, you missd last night. Logan, Dedan and I did a 3 way hybrid and I was the hanger. I went straight down, first try, bitch!! Hahaha!! Catcha this weekend. :)

Keep it up! B| Sometimes, I can tell a 20-something year old guy is underestimating me when I get on a jump with him. After all, I'm probably the same age as his mother and most think 40-something year old women are all into RW. The look on his face after coming down from doing a few points with him is priceless, just you wait and see. ;)

:D:D:D:D Awesome!! I did a jump last night with 2 20 somethings and I think they were a bit surprised!! ;)

Not sure where you are located, but if you are close to a wind tunnel........I'd highly recommend it. That will definately teach you good habits from the start and dial in your skills.

Also find someone with similar skills and buddy up with them in the sky and in the tunnel. You'll be amazed how quickly you both progress.

Get some coaching every once in awhile too. That will be your reality check.

Have fun.........and keep on keepin on. :)