amychmelecki

VFS 100 Way World Record Tryouts at Skydive Arizona

Arizona Arsenal is teaming up with the 2009 Vertical World Record Crew to help them find the freeflyers needed to build the first ever 100 way vertical formation!

Participant Registration to be completed by Friday May 8th 5:00pm

Meet in the main hanger at 7:15 am on May 9th. The goal is to do 5 jumps per day, which is the same pace as the actual record attempts.

The cost of the tryouts will be the cost of jumps plus $50.

Who Can Participate in the Tryouts?

Safety is the name of the game for these tryouts! Anyone who participates in this event must be able to fly safely in a large head down formation.

Participants must have the ability to control their levels and proximity to the formation.

Be honest with yourself. If you can’t regularly dock on a smaller formation without problems then you aren’t ready for this tryout yet. There is always next time!

The formations can be as large as 50 people. There will be an added stress on participants because they are being selected for a world record attempt. Keeping your cool is key to flying safely in a large head down formation.

Arizona Arsenal members will be honest with participants whether of not they can participate in the jumps. Anyone flying dangerously, or who is just not ready yet, will be asked to sit out. If you aren’t sure if you are ready, talk to an Arsenal member.

Please fill out the attached registration form and give it to Skydive Arizona Manifest by Friday May 8th 5:00pm. You can either fax it to manifest at 520-466-4720 or bring it to manifest.

You can pay for the 10 jump tickets with a credit card, cash or an AZ state check. The $50 registration fee must be paid in cash.

If you are paying via fax, please pay for the 10 jump tickets using the credit card authorization form attached to the registration form. You can pay the $50 registration fee when we meet Saturday morning if you don’t have the ability to bring it to manifest by Friday May 8th.

If it is anything like they did in '07, a mini camp will be 2-3 days before the record. I wouldn't wait until then! Try to make it to AZ.
If you haven't flown in larger formations or you need to fine tune your skills, learning from Arsenal will be your best bet before going to Chicago.

Dave
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

If you can't make AZ there is also a camp in Perris Valley on March 13 - 15 with Eli and SoCal Converge....
and word has it Steve and Sara Curtis from Arsenal are doing one on June 27, 28 at Skydive Burnaby in Ontario, Canada which is about 40 minutes from Buffalo, that's probably as east coast as you are going to get...(4 Canadians were on the 69 way in 2007, maybe 5 this year, ya never know)

see you in AZ Mr. Bones

Bought my tickets. Coming in to PHX at 9:44pm on Friday evening and leaving Monday morning at 5am.

Anybody out there want to put together some car pooling, ride sharing, or something? Split costs for a rental maybe?
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I arrive in PHX at 7:17pm on Friday. Leave the 11th early at 6:45 am. Anyone, let me know the deal. I can split rides too. Sounds like a good idea. Split a team room too? Knocks out a place to sleep and provides a place to pack. pm for cell.

Wade we can split a ride for sure. I think we have the room issue worked out too. Lets call Simon and make sure everything is cool.

God dammit you just can't do anything without one of these facebook pages nowadays. I'm guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and make one one of these days. The first vid looked great! Lots of me B|

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook