fedykin

Ouragan Suits

Interesting story!
Ordered a ouragan tunnel/sky suit, they quoted 2 weeks for a rush order and it took 1 week to get the suit, incredible!

When i recieved it there was a minor issue(i didnt want cordura on the knee's)and i sent a quick email to chunter about it. Within 20 minutes they called me on the phone and told me that they were sending a brand new corrected suit asap. It was sent to my girlfriends house, and not taking into account shipping, it took them 3 days.

Ive got to say one of the things that really irritates me about the skydiving industry is the streak of sheer amaeturism. Most companies are incredibly vauge about delivery times and usually fail to ever meet these. Add to this extreemly poor customer service and high unit costs(even worse in the UK than anywhere else!).

The only 2 companies that i have come across that have really impressed me are Mirage and now Ouragan.

Im very impressed! Highly recomend them, fly beautifully, unbelievable comfortable, just perfect!

hmmmm
i had the rush order +100USD
+ a couple options(no designs, fairly basic)
added all up i think was 700 USD
about the same as a boogieman
+ obviously much better!
when you get a custom design i believe it adds up fairly quickly

worth it though!

I recommend you get a Skyleno they have a sale on at the moment so you can get a great suit for $350, i have always been sponsored by Ouragan but since nancy the original owner and designer sold the company out the suits are not as good and the prices are ridiculous!!! Some people paying a $1000 ( Its a jumpsuit ,its gonna get trashed $1000 is absurd!!) IMO........
Ouragan is not the same company anymore, nancy is not making the suits and the factory is now in canada!!

Anyway now i am wearing skyleno and was stunned at the quality and workmanship that went into my suit.
Highly recommend it.

Ouragan was the best on the block for a while. Being the best increased the demand, along with prices to a point of stupidity and arrogance.

I used to push Ouragan but stopped after the people kept getting shit on.

The new guy on the block making the same quality suits is now Julio from Liquid Sky. Ask anyone who owns one, customer service goes above and beyond anything before him and prices are not even close to Ouragan.

Ouragan was the best on the block for a while. Being the best increased the demand, along with prices to a point of stupidity and arrogance.

I used to push Ouragan but stopped after the people kept getting shit on.

The new guy on the block making the same quality suits is now Julio from Liquid Sky. Ask anyone who owns one, customer service goes above and beyond anything before him and prices are not even close to Ouragan.

Liquid Sky is awesome. He understands what it takes to build a good jumpsuit. Ouragon does too but Julio is spot on with customer service and delivery times. He had mine out within 10 days.

I'm Eric,

I work at sales for Ouragan...

First we don't have any suit above 450$ If people want to add complex designs it's up to them, the more complex, the higher price, as simple as that.

Kefran was one of our main designer, he chose to go back at the DZ full time, he's the main camera flyer, like any skydiver he lives for the sport, we wish him well. We do have two other designers and Nancy's is still one of the owner.

I find amazing sometime to hear/read about bizarre thing like were done! Where does that come from!? Any how, we're doing great in skydiving and other sports now.

I'm Eric,

I work at sales for Ouragan...

First we don't have any suit above 450$ If people want to add complex designs it's up to them, the more complex, the higher price, as simple as that.

Kefran was one of our main designer, he chose to go back at the DZ full time, he's the main camera flyer, like any skydiver he lives for the sport, we wish him well. We do have two other designers and Nancy's is still one of the owner.

I find amazing sometime to hear/read about bizarre thing like were done! Where does that come from!? Any how, we're doing great in skydiving and other sports now.

It's great to hear from somebody at Ouragan.
The reason I didn't get a jumpsuit from you and went with Liquied Sky is your delivery time and the fact that nobody would answer the phone.
I was told at the time that a new factory was going on line in Canada in a few weeks and I would see my jumpsuit in a month or so. 3 months later I had to cancel my order because I was tired of jumping in my jeans.
Is this problem fixed now? If it is I will order another jump suit from you today.

You're right, when we were in the transfer process, things were a little hectic for a few months. We have been working together for more than 18 months now and we all having a blast!

We've been keeping quiet for a while, that the way we want to do things now, we want to show instead of telling, slowly, but surely.

We're currently developing our distributor network, that way we'll be closer to our customer and more accessible.

Our current delivery time is 45 days max, most likely it'll be under that.

Eric