Lindercles

Two Way Hybrid?

In the tunnel I play around w:

Sit carving on a belly flyers back
Bodysurfing (stand on their back or belly)
Stand on head (I usually grab my left foot or spin around)
HD hanger from belly flyer
Sit hanger from belly flyer
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

you can try docking by having belly flyer tak grips on feet if you can sitfly slow enough

I even have video of it from last weekend

D
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

You certainly can hang from one person. Grabbing at the harness hip junction or the hip rings puts the grip pretty close to the top person's center of gravity so if they arch like normal, it should be stable enough. (I did one like that as a hanger a couple hundred jumps ago). One-hand grip on the chest strap is another option I've seen done, but obviously, it's a bit harder.

Of course if you have an anvil or just someone who can arch like a mofo, the possibilities are endless...;)

Like Jerry said,
If the flat person sits in the door, and the hanger stands behind, leans over them and grabs near the hip rings, you then roll out the door, with the hanger going over the top of the flat flyer and the flat flyer arch's like a mother and the hanger stays tucked up slightly then drives down into a stand,

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

If you want to get into a two way hybrid from freefal and not from the exit I found that the easiest way (bearing in mind that the flat person was quite little in this case)was to take the harness under the shoulder and at the hip on opposite sides (you have to fly around a bit and have dedication) to try to make it even but give a good wide hand hold. Haven't tried it for years though. Found with the hip rings that you have to rotate as going into the sit and if the person is light and small they get dragged.

Hope this helps,

Lx

Trent has hung from my chest strap both on exit and traditional drop from belly position after exit. Belly flyer usually has to get arms more out in front for stability. Seems to work best if the hanger launches in a sit.

One of my favorites was when he launched in a sit while holding chest strap with with one hand. After getting off the hill, he swung up to belly then swung up to stand on my back, then flipped forward and docked on my hands while back flying. :)

Blue skies,

Jim

i just saw a photo of a 2way hybrid that had a hanger in stand and hanging off someone on thier back they were holding the leg straps.

looked cool and quite unconventional!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

My friend Kristin and I did one. I had her chest strap with one hand and leg strap (right near her crotch) with the other. I started on my belly and swung down like you would on most other hybrids.

It didn't hurt that she's really tall and could spread out for stability. But we've done it twice now. :)

One of my favorites was when he launched in a sit while holding chest strap with with one hand. After getting off the hill, he swung up to belly then swung up to stand on my back, then flipped forward and docked on my hands while back flying.

Yeah, but Trent is a freak!!:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Where would the sit flyer grab to hang from the belly flyer? Leg strap? That seems like it would be unstable.

Had a buddy of mine do a impromptu hybrid from a 2way RW. Grips were at the chest strap and hip ring and it was turning like a mofo, so I guess you can say it was unstable. I'm guessing double grips on a chest strap would the best bet. Grips on hip rings would probably make it back slide.

The easiest way to do a 2way hybrid is to hang from the belly flier's weight belt. That way you aren't affecting the pitch of the flatflyer. You're basically adding a bunch of weight to their weight belt without upsetting their balance.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Have you ever heard of a rodeo ride? One jumper is flat flying while the other is sitting on top. Easy to exit together from the plane and it's loads of fun for both. Makes for good pictures too:P
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

It took a bit for my friend Joe and I to get it, but we held a 2-way hybrid for a moment or two. I was on my belly and he held my hipstrap and chest strap and went into a stand. You can cork pretty easily when you get unstable, but the ride is alot of fun.