AlethiaJ

How to learn head down..

Everyone is different. Try dipping one shoulder or extending one leg as a starting point. The key is to keep your back straight and not twist your spine as you'll catch the air asymmetrically and, usually, end up on your back, or at least facing off your initial heading. You can quite clearly see this in a FF student if you get coaching and/or video. If you're not getting it, seek coaching before common mistakes develop into bad habits; the video debrief will help a lot, and having a fixed point of reference in the sky with you will help you focus and not twist.

Try not to make the transition too fast if you're aiming to do half-cartwheels. Extending one then the other leg worked for me; something different may work for you. Extend, but don't lock out, your legs - they should be relaxed.

Richard
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Very kindly said. Spell checking previous posters posts is pretty rude I think. Some people don't see it that way, but I bet a phsycologist could read alot into it. :P

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I asked this same question a year ago and got a lot of crap for it. But some of the guys gave me great info....

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1787878;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress