rapper4mpi

Where's Alchemy?

I'm not so sure that Anaomoly needed anybody to let them take control. :P

I think we saw the same thing with the Flyboyz a few years ago, same with AZ Freeflight, the various Olav teams, etc. Win a few big comps to get some street cred, and then focus on how to make a living at skydiving, not just skydiving a way of life.

Like I said, just a guess though.

Canuck

Who knows what really drives em ?? I remember I was in Perris and was witness to alchemy training. They were doing around 20 jumps a day.

One thing is burned into my mind forever.I cant remember exactly who said it, it was either alaska or mike. "We just spend ten minutes in the tunnel and now we are on a five minute call! HAHAHA"

These guys train HARD!! I remember mike saying when he wasnt skydiving or in the tunnel he was thinking about. He was/is 100 per cent dedicated.
Consumed by freeflying.

Maintaining that level of intensity required to stay on top of the game would be just too taxing. With no real financial reward on top of those shiny medals whats the point ?? You've won some nationals and world champs......What next???

Have some fun!!!
Yahoo Serious

With no real financial reward on top of those shiny medals whats the point ?? You've won some nationals and world champs......What next???

The point, if I may project, is that dedicating yourself (that much) to flying can only be done for more than just the fun/feeling of flying itself. At that level, you just gotta spread the word.

Alchemy may already be considered the best team in the world. And rightfully so; they get ALL the training hours - if they can just get together to train. One owns a DZ and the other two, I can only speculate, have more air-time then I have sitting on a plane.

If promotion of the sport/hobbie/competition/profession/or-whatever is their concern, then being a part of the events that propagate it is doubly-important. And I think that being at Nationals is an important selfless contribution when you are THAT good at something. These dudes deserve all of the respect for continuing to train hard, in what seems to be a decline in the popularity of freeflying. I mean, what can't they do in the sky? Maybe they got caught up or had a better thing going that weekend.

A member of AZ Freeflight told me that to medal at nationals and the world meet costs the team about $80,000+ a year. That is with free jumps and without paying packers. Once you win and medal, why keep spending the money to show you are great if it is coming out of your own pocket. Teams like Airspeed have sponsors that pay for everything including their rent.

>The point, if I may project, is that dedicating >yourself (that much) to flying can only be done for >more than just the fun/feeling of flying itself. At >that level, you just gotta spread the word.

Like I said man ...Who the fuck knows what their deepest motivations are? I agree there is probably more to it than fun.

All I meant was that after winning world champs whats the point trying to keep the title when there is a whole lot more out there in life to explore. Winning world champs requires tunnel vision focus.

If there was millions of dollars in prizes and freeflying was your best chance of making that sort of money then I could see that as a motivation.

Dudes may even want to buy a house ?? WHo knows LOL Who cares ??HAHA Im just bored with nothing better to do than rave my 2 cents.

They worked hard and they deserve a rest.

Ppl with that much energy blow me away.
Yahoo Serious

Those are good points. I'm am just advocating my ideas about investing time in the air and in the tunnel and team training. It's gotta be for something - but if it's for their own enjoyment, that's good too. It is just that talent levels have an exponential influence if you know what I mean.

Swanson and Alaska are doing a bunch of coaching out of the Freefly Mega Center (FMC), along with Cisco and Chisholm.

Eli works on his computer.

Rook runs a DZ.

Alaska hurt his ankle earlier this year at the...Alaska Games.

These guys are married and own houses...
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

The buzz around the DZ was they had schedualed a Red Bull demo durring the same time as the NAt's competition. They were there the day before comp started, and there a couple of days later.

It's busy being a rockstar.B|
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

i havent heard any of those rumors about fritz retiring.
the flyboyz is more of a company than a team now. does anybody know the last time they competed in anything? i havent read about them competing since ive started skydiving. they do alot of other great things for freeflying. like someone said you get some street cred from competing and video's and you can make enough money to freefly for a living.
fritz is probably my favorite freeflyer ive had the pleasure to watch. he is the definition of smooth and relaxed. i watch videos of him for hours so i can try to get into his flying style. he stands out. ive watched video's of big way h/d and without knowing who's wearing what i can usually tell which flyer is fritz. check out the swedish freefly video from 2002. its my favorite video. lots of flyboyz.
i would love to see rook in the air. theres not alot of videos with him or the rest of anomoly.

lol, Jon and Mike are everywhere doing Red Bull demos. I go off to things like the Laguna Seca MotoGP race and SF's Fleet week (and Red Bull Air Races) and who jumps in? yeah, these guys.

JP is right...it's busy being a rock star. =)

They have an incredibly sweet deal as part of the Red Bull skydiving team. Good for them!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!