alanab

i need goggles

I've had a pair of Blueye for about 3 years now. I've replaced the strap once. Otherwise they're still in great shape so even though they're not that cheap they are good value.
They do two frame sizes. "Caged" for fat-heads and "Zoo" for the slimmer head ! They come with two lenses - I got yellow for normal wear and clear for low light jumps but I found the yellow improves my depth perception on evening jumps (better than the naked eye!) so I never used the clear ones.
http://www.blueye.com.au/index.html

Yes.

In my case, the lenses from my old sunglasses fir straight in.

It does depend on your script and the goggles. I'm quite short sighted, and as a consequence, the edges of my lenses are quite thick. You need goggles that can accomodate that thickness at the edge.

I got mine done by a optician who is also a skydiver, so he knows what is needed. I've PMed you details.

If no-one can help you, you also might want to try http://www.sportrx.com/. I know one jumper who has obtained goggles throught there, and he's pretty happy with them.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

I just wear my Gatorz. The "Ice" frame blocks nearly all the wind. I only very rarely wear goggles anymore; generally only towards sunset.

My Oakley Minute's broke last weekend after almost two years of hard abuse. I would have really liked to replace them with a pair of Gatorz but they just don't fit my face right.

Looks like I'll be hitting the store and getting another pair of Oakley's tomorrow. The Minute's are great for keeping the wind out whether I'm doing RW or FF and I'll probably check out the Juliet's as well.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

When wearing sunglasses, do you need some sort of strap thing to keep them from flying off? Or does the pressure from a FF helmet on the sides of your head keep them on? I have a pair of Dragons that are getting old that I wouldn't mind trying to turn into skydive gear... I've only used regular Flex Z goggles until now...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

When wearing sunglasses, do you need some sort of strap thing to keep them from flying off? Or does the pressure from a FF helmet on the sides of your head keep them on? I have a pair of Dragons that are getting old that I wouldn't mind trying to turn into skydive gear... I've only used regular Flex Z goggles until now...

I use Croakies to keep them on my noggin. I really don't want to take the chance of having a $150+ pair of sunglasses come out from underneath my Mindwarp.

I'll even jump in them without a helmet. They stay in place really well when snugged down, but I still have a velcro loop on the top of my jumpsuit that I run through the loop on the Croakies...just in case.;)

Croakies
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I like the mini flex z's too. They are relatively cheap. They are really comfortable because they are very flexible. I go thru about 2 pairs a season at $16.00 a pair. I make them last longer by running a bead of super glue around the edges.

Here's a goggle joke: Whenever you see anyone with those SORZ goggles.

Hey dude, YOU HAVE SORZ ON YOUR FACE! HAHAHAHA.