sky_chica

freefly gear?

What gear, helmets, rigs, suits?

As for rigs, just about every modern rig made is FF safe. I love my Wings, though.

Helmets? Just about anything will do, I really like Bonehead's stuff though.

Is there anything specific you'd like to ask about? There are a lot of very experienced FFers and Riggers on this site that can give you much better information then I can.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Take your time picking stuff out. Go with what you like....the style of the gear, reputation of customer service and the hardware itself. Talk to riggers about the more important items like canopies and containers.

But in my opinion, here is my opinion on freefly/skydive stuff:

container: javelin or mirage or voodoo
aad: cypress
canopies: PD
helmets: bonehead composites or skysystems
freefly suits: Kurupee
alti: any will do...they all have about a 7 year lifespan
goggles: keep it simple, I use sunglasses
cameras: sony

Well in my personal book it's

Mirage G4.1 container,
Matter Freefly Suit,
PD Reserve,
Bonehead Helmets.

Of course I will freely admit there is a lot of quality and freefly sound gear on the market.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

any suggestions for the best gear to freefly with....

Lots of great freefly friendly gear out there now.

Container: Infinity, great on protection,fit, and cost!
Jumpsuit: Firefly, awesome quality! there are some major names out there that have made some changes lately and I have watched their suits falling apart by 100 jumps (I won't mention names, because I won't trashtalk anyone, just talk up those products I believe in)
Helmets: I like bonehead, nice light weight, but still great protection. Like the looks of their gear too.
CYPRES: people say an AAD should be a requirement for freeflying. I think its just a great idea for skydiving period! :) (but as a choice not a regulation)
Audible Altimeter: Learning to freefly you will have faster speeds meaning pulltime comes quicker and some people have a hard time looking at the alti at first. STILL WEAR AND REFER TO A VISUAL ALTI!

The most important gear: FUN!!!!! :)

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

Depends on if you want to do it more than once.

I like your profile too, very informative;)

I prefer the Infinity
I have a Bonehead helmet and couldn't stand the Z-1 so I gave it back to the dealer.
I have a really nice new set of Kite boarding pants I like to freefly in. They are well built made of cordura and theire cheap. If you're interested, PM me and I'll tell you where I got em.
My Jumpsuit is a Bomber Freefly suit. Tigher fit rather than the really baggy stock sizes. That thing has a lot of jumps on it and is still going strong.
Goggles Flex-z goggles
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Goggles Lyles Mini Flex-z

Lyle Presse makes Flexvision goggles. Not FlexZ's.

What's the best gear? Why of course the best gear is the gear I jump...

Pretty much any container on the market today is freefly safe.

Helmet depends on your face/head shape/size, how much you want to spend and what you like the look of. Some fit slim faces best, some fit not so slim faces best, some don't fit big heads.

Pretty much any jumpsuit manufacturer will do a good job of building you a freefly suit.

I don't think any other gear items are specific to freefly... FWIW I use my "freefly" helmet for all my jumps - freefly, RW, wingsuit, hop n pop, whatever.

DOH!!!>. perhaps I can get skymama to edit it out to day Flex-Z goggles... Hmmmm...

Your wish is my command. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Container: 1) Vector Micron 2) Mirage G3 or G4 3) Javelin... I wouldn't have a Voo Doo... I've seen quite a few chops that have been blamed on the design of this container.
Jumpsuit: 1) Michigan- awesome suit, very well built, pretty fast production time, and they will make sure you get the suit you want 2) Flite Suit- Very well built also, but a bit pricey and it took a pretty long time for delivery.
I ordered a Kurupee suit ad in my opinion...it was crap. They didn't use very good stitching and I could tell when it was new that it would fall apart.