skyjuggler

Alchemey Freefly Tunnel Camps

Feedback on The Freefly tunnel camps would be cool, especially Alchemys / Freefly training center's camps.

I see that they run for 3 days, and provide 1 hr of tunnel time.

Did people reach their goals for the camp, did you receive the full 1 hr, how did you find the format and setup, how much personal tuition did you receive etc...?

Input would be great. Also anyone flown in the Perris Tunnel and compare it to the updated Orlando tunnel for freefly

What's up. I flew in the Perris Valley tunnel.

Skyventure Orlando tops out at 87% or 143 mph right now. Starting in April they will run 90% or 150 mph.

Skyventure Perris due to electricity zoning and the high cost of power in southern california runs there tunnel at 83% or 136 mph. It is a huge difference! It was very hard to get vertical for freefly even with it being cold. Keep in mind, the warmer it gets with the coming summer the slower it will become. The same is true for the Skyventure tunnel, but with them increasing the speeds to 90% in April it should far make up for the difference.

Steven Blincoe

I didn't do any tunnel time while at Perris but since the weather was CRAP I watched a lot of others in there. All I can say is DAMN I wish I had the money! Both the Flyboyz and Alchemy guys kicked ass in there and you could really see their students improving quickly too. I think they've got it cranked high enough to do whatever it is you want to do. It was strong enough for the Atlanta boys to do headdown pylon races!!!!B|

Fall in dove.

thanks for the post. Are these official numbers, or did you get them from some other people? Would be good to hear more on this.

For anyone who has flown vertically in the Perris Tunnel, how much of an effort was it for you? Would be very useful to hear experiences.

the numbers that blincoe gave for the orlando tunnel are spot on. if you're ever at the tunnel in orlando, all you have to do is look at the control panel thru the glass of the control booth to see the speed and %. too, it's pretty common knowledge around there what we run at. they did jack it up the past few days for the tunnel competition (which was off the hook, i might add).

as far as the #s for perris, i believe blincoe. i know that we run at a higher speed than them...but only by a little bit. speed will definitely cost you more there...and maybe here.

arlo

What I was getting at more than anything else was the equating % to mph. On a hot day, 85% is slower than a cold day at 85%. Personally, I like to fly at night especially if it's cold. Then, the air is more dense, and so capable of producing more drag.

But more importantly....got any vids of the competition??? Saw last year's and it was very nice. Need more tricks to learn.
Don't Confuse Me With My Own Words

Skyventure Orlando tops out at 87% or 143 mph right now. Starting in April they will run 90% or 150 mph.

Perris top out at the moment is 91.3 and I've never seen airspeeds that high. We had it a touch over 93% which is higher but i've never seen close to 143. In my experience that kind of wind is unnecessary for most applications. I just have 45 minutes of time at the moment though. I can get off grate in a site though B|

In my experience that kind of wind is unnecessary for most applications.

Unnecessary being the key word there. It's also not necessary to jump out of airplane, but it's fun as hell :P

I personally LOVE the higher wind speed and can't wait until they start running the SkyVenture Orlando tunnel at 90%.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com