Plummets

Too Fast ??

As a newbie 40ish jumps i Can't really see the interest in RW, although as I fall at 160 belly flying there may be an issue with people keeping up anyway!!!!. Level 5 - 7 AFF instructor (with 20 lbs) was just sitting infront of me smiling, too cool.

will additional the speed make learning to freefly more difficult ?? First couple of attempts sitflying last week at Empuria were interesting to say the least.

thinks "This is easy" followed 0.5 sec later "Oh shit, WTF happened then". Repeated several times !

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"

I fall at 160 belly flying there may be an issue with people keeping up anyway!!!!. Level 5 - 7 AFF instructor (with 20 lbs) was just sitting infront of me smiling, too cool.

Dude:o. If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh and how tall are you?? In other words, whats your BMI?
Flying Hellfish #470

As someone with a fast fall rate (but likely not as fast as yours), I know what sort of challenges you'll go through. But that doesn't mean you can't over come them. But you will have issues staying with smaller people (especially when it's time to go head down). One thing is for sure, you will likely need to spend most of your freeflying time in a sit. So concentrate on becoming proficient with this discipline. You (as well as myself) likely will not be able to spend an entire jump head down, but instead will want to become good with your transitions between sit and head down. And this isn't such a bad thing (becoming good at transitioning).

Good luck ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Dude, 160 on your belly, thats fast!! ;) I agree with the Canuck, you're gonna be spending lots of time on your feet, and not much on your head. My recommendation: if you're getting into freefly, get a REALLY baggy freefly suit, with the heaviest cotton they have. That should help slow you dramatically. Then once you get your sit alright, you'll learn to fall even slower so you can stay with other people. Just think BIG when you fly.

http://www.skydivewrongway.com

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

And just remember if you want to fly with us small chicks, you will have to fly on your belly while we go to our heads to keep up with those speeds...LOL... There is a huge guy at my DZ who is lots bigger than you that free flys just fine with most of the guys, but when it comes to jumping with me, well hybrid (can't spell got too much air yesterday) jumps are the best. Just be sure to get plenty of coaching, because that really is the best way to know what you need to fix. And if you come out to Eloy, find me I will fly with you, we can at least do a tube exit the whole way down, those are awesome...
C-YA
Kathryn

Thanks all, looks like a big baggy heavy cotton suit for me and plenty of coaching - I am going freefly:)
Kathryn, a tube exit sounds a hoot, I just need to find out what one is now:D

Hey, I'm 6'1" and weigh 250lbs, but I can sitfly with most folks. Then again, my FF suit is VERY baggy and made from heavy cotton. Karen at FMC made me a great suit that works perfect for me.

Learning how to really fly your body helps too, you'll learn little tricks to really slow down your sit fly.

Even then, if the people I'm flying with are going slow enough that I'm having to fight very hard to slow down, I'll sometimes just flip to my belly and match fall rate on my belly.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It is hard to explaine in words...maybe someone has a pic. I will try. It is where one person sits on the edge of the door with their legs hanging out the plane, lays on thier back and the other person stands up grabs the legs of the other while he grabs the other's legs, sort of a 69 position, but holding on each other's legs forming a circle the one stand pushes down the other's legs to exit, the in the air they spin faster and faster, it is awesome, but when you let go it flings you far apart.

lays on thier back and the other person stands up grabs the legs of the other while he grabs the other's legs, sort of a 69 position.

I think I'm going to enjoy freeflying more than I thought :o

I think I'm going to enjoy freeflying more than I thought :o

Freeflying rocks dude. ;) But unless you've got some other big people to jump with, you will have fall rate challenges you'll need to over come. I firmly believe that my own personal fall rate issues have been my biggest freefall challenge (and I'm about 200 lbs naked). But in time, once you (and myself included) master our fall rate issues, then we'll only be better skydivers because of it. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Thanks AggieDave have emailed Karen and will sort out suit shortly !

Have booked some freefly coaching with Babylon (empuria spain) in September, now should I take all the coaching in one hit or do one coaching jump then practice a few times solo before next coaching ??

should I take all the coaching in one hit or do one coaching jump then practice a few times solo before next coaching ??

Usually best will be get some coaching jumps and train what you have learned by your own, than go back and get the next skills to learn.

enjoy and have fun :ph34r:

Coaching with Babylon"spot on"as for all the coaching jumps in one hit?Hard to answer but may i suggest 3-4 coached jumps then consolidate what you've leart say 10+ jumps then back to the coaching.It's that how long is a piece of string chessnut again.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.