ColdDuck

how many coach jumps

For those of you who have gotten some FF coach jumps how many did it take you really notice a big difference in your flying? I am thinking about doing five or so in Eloy in March

"Insurance should called In case shit happens, if shit don't happen shouldn't I get my money back?"

I agree with Dave, One can make a huge difference, and Mike O and crew (say hi to Sean and Dusty too when/if you see them) have a really good program that goes thru all positions in a progression that really helps you understand how your body flies..sure you can go to them and say "i'd like to focus on headdown" but IMO i got lots more from following their plan and focusing on specfic issues as they appear.

Sean made 2 corrections to my sit (which i thought was pretty good until then) and my mobility and control made a huge leap on the next jump...he showed me the difference between what 'works' and what 'works really well'

I ve done alot over the 2 years(60 or so) ive been jumping, though when i did 15 in 3 days with Alaska Jon, that made the biggest difference.
Heres some things ive noticed you should know when doing coaching
1- The student coach relationship is vital-find someone you really get along with
2- Be honest with how you feel- dont try to do more coach dives when doing normal dives to practice what your being taught will do it. Dont do coaching when your brain locked or tired
3- Drill your coach for as much info as possible
4- Take time to consolidate the info, back to back coaching for a week is great, but better value for money i think lies in some coaching, some practice, some coaching etc..

on the whole coaching will massively accelerate your learning curve! Do as much as you can afford.

I've done about 52 coach jumps, but I'm still crap. Last year I did 35 in 4 days which was very very stupid. Jumping back to back, coach jumps can be good because you can go back immediately and try it again. However in future I would not do more than about five coach jumps in one day. You can only take in so much, and basically when you are spending that much and not improving it just stops being fun.

Definitely alternate coach jumps with fun jumps. I will definitely be getting more coaching, but will be a bit more sensible about it.

Will