cheneyneel

Competition at the US Collegiant Nationals

Boys and Girls do any of you guys know what the competition is like in the US Collegiant Nationals for Freeflying. I know that the event has only been in the Comp. for one year(last year at Lake Wales was the first year). Did anyone see last years or know of good flyers from your DZ's that are going to go and compete.
I am just curious to know that if there may be more than just two or three teams show up for the event before I pay all this money to travel there.. I know Eloy would be fun as hell for new year but I am a college student and broke like you dont know!!..Cheers.

Last year suffered from rule that were too hard to judge and a general lack of skills from the jumpers. I saw video of "points" that scored but the jumpers were not touchign each other. Last year it was well attended in that comp, but the majority of the jumpers were not of the skill level to take multiple hand docks in a sit so it was only a few teams that really scored that well. A&M had most the freefliers out side the Army.

I went out on a fun jump with some one else that chose not to compete and in the one jump we did the entire set that the college jumpers did. For the most part its a sitfly jump that with creative camera angle if you just sit right in front of each other you'll score a lot of points.

Instead of freefly I wish I had did the Sport Accuracy. Its a lot of fun to watch that event too if you don't compete in it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I saw video of "points" that scored but the jumpers were not touchign each other.

Yes, I can admit I did get points I didn't deserve. Ground to air video made my flailing look like backloops and cartwheels (and I'm not even trying to be funny there!) Only one of the rounds required a dock. Only two of the teams actually got it (not mine!). I think more working time and at least one dock per round (since it would've forced competitors to work as a "team" instead of saying "oh well, if we are far apart it doesn't matter since we still get points") would've made the competition more fair.

Instead of freefly I wish I had did the Sport Accuracy. Its a lot of fun to watch that event too if you don't compete in it.

That was definitely the most fun! It's awesome to put most of my concentration on a jump almost entirely to accuracy. Plus, I'm not used to having a "crowd" (okay, there were maybe 20-30 people) watching. I also proved to many that I wasn't as scary under canopy anymore after competing in it! Sport accuracy was a blast!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

For one, the party/boogie is going to be absolutely crazy.

Two, I may have another team member, if that happens then then A&M will have a fairly good team for competition. This is an IF since I'm the only one on the FF team as of yet...:P

If the A&M team doesn't come through, I'm tempted to find another good head-up FFer and make one @ Eloy...

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I wish they would have an expression round to show off more than just vertical flying.

No joke, or to just pull off some of your 'signature' moves. It seems that every FFer that has a jump partner tend to develop their own little style and end up having a move that they do that is a little bit their own...its fun to see people do that.

Gravity Rat 23 (Shannon: gold medal sitflyer - Rat Revolution 2001) and Gravity Rat 25 (George: silver medal - 2001 collegiate nationals) are coming in from Austin TX to kick some aggie ass.B|

For info on the competition go to www.uspa.org/currentmembers/competition/competitionnews.html

sorry i don't know how to make it klicky

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

Shit shit shit shit....

Damn. Kinda wish I would have signed up...

Eh live and learn...

check this out:
http://www.uspa.org/CurrentMembers/Competition/competitionnews.htm

Here is the random pool of docks:

Sit toe-to-toe dock: Both performers in a sit-fly position. A controlled toe-to-toe dock is performed so that all four feet are touching simultaneously.

Sit foot-to-knee dock: Both performers in a sit-fly position. A controlled foot to knee dock is performed so that each foot of one performer is on the opposite knee of the other.

Sit Totem: Both performers in a sit-fly position. A controlled dock with both feet of one performer on the shoulders of the other performer.

Sit hand-to-foot: Both performers in a sit-fly position. A controlled dock of one performer's hand on the foot of the other performer

Umm yeah, the dude I jump with and I do these all the time. Tsk tsk tsk. Man that wouldve been cool to to goto Collegiates. Eh maybe next year. ;)

Derek

Great!! I am glad to hear that some more freeflyers are coming.. I have read so much about people bailing because of cost.. I guess the competition that all of us guys and gals are bringing are scaring off the little people...LOL:ph34r:

the math:

$160 per team
$120 per person X2 = 240$
Total of cost ='s $400
that give us paying $40 each per jump for five rounds
Our boogie fee of $25 is waived so
Now $35 per jump
We pay $10 a piece for a camera flyers slot..
So our Average Cost is really 25$.. At home i pay $18 a jump so I look at it as I am paying $7 to compete.. That is my justicication...

For all you all that are going CHEERS....I have been working my ass off all semester for this trip..

I also hope that we can get a college big way together...COOl? ANy takers out there?.....

B|"Team Rombone" From U of Southern Miss and Louisiana State Univ

also hope that we can get a college big way together...COOl? ANy takers out there?.....

I'm game if you don't mind someone with only 300 jumps on your load. I was trying to put together an A&M FF team this year, but we don't have the FFers in the club (or overall jump numbers in the club) to really do it. *shrug* maybe someday.

right on my man.. My name is Chris and my team mate it Tim.. just look for a couple of college students in orange..
Always happy to meet and jump with new people..
Since they had the 300 way record I wonder if there is a college freefly record..;) That would be pretty cool huh? Maybe we can gather a few more a get something started since we will have so many students.
We plan on going to the DZ that is running a real cheap boogie a little south of Eloy after the comp.. If we cant get people who want to do it at Eloy with all the students going there it may be a possiablility...

I say we go for it, let's throw together a FF Collegiate dive after copetition and show the world that young, broke college students with 100 or more, or even less jumps, know how to rock the FF scene. I'll get some good stills and I know some guys who can get the videos.

Anyone else in for it? It might be a zoo dive but wtf right?

AggieDave why aren't you guys putting together a FF team? I thought last year you guys did great?

Britt are you FF'ing?

Blue ones

Chris aka Flash
KSU

Mostly the guys that competed last year aren't really around anymore, one graduated, the others just fell away from skydiving.

Someone I know and I had been talking about putting one together, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

As scary as it is, for active club members who are currently enrolled in school, I'm the most experienced jumper and I think the next closest jumper has under 100 jumps and they don't FF. *shrug*

As scary as it is, for active club members who are currently enrolled in school, I'm the most experienced jumper and I think the next closest jumper has under 100 jumps and they don't FF. *shrug*

I don't think it's scary, just the natural balance of a college skydiving club. I can afford to do about 30-40 jumps a semester and probably a little more than that over the summer, so I'll be able to do about 100-120 jumps a year or so from now on, which will put me at less than 400 jumps by the time I graduate on the four and a half year plan. Students typically just don't have the the time and money to do a lot of jumps, and they are only around for 4 years, which translates into low jump numbers.

There are exceptions, though. A guy from our club who took the FJC with me in September 2001 is taking the couch course and S/L-I course this January, he's already bought two rigs (had the first one for less than a year, sheesh). He makes the money come from somewhere because it's what he loves to do. Where there's a will, there's a way, I guess.

He makes the money come from somewhere because it's what he loves to do. Where there's a will, there's a way, I guess.

Exactly. That's how I'm able to jump like I do now (I'll have well over 200 jumps for this year, and over 300 total), but then again, I took a job working for the DZ to be able to do this.