ECVZZ

How does one approach a Rodeo?

Just curious. How does one dock on the belly flyer during a Rodeo? Is it done with the "rider" docking from a sit, or do both participants Belly fly, with one effectively "backpacking" the other, then sitting up?

Seems to me that docking from a sit could be a little traumatic for both skydivers. :D

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

Just curious. How does one dock on the belly flyer during a Rodeo? Is it done with the "rider" docking from a sit, or do both participants Belly fly, with one effectively "backpacking" the other, then sitting up?

usually when we do them, the belly flyer exits with his chest to the prop blast. the rodeo sitflyer piggy backs the bellyflyers back. when the bellyflyer levels off the piggybacker sits up.

levin
vSCS#3

Here's pictures of the progression of what I did for my rodeo on my 100th. It was our first try, and we pulled it off. The hardest part was getting stable, but that really didn't take that long. We spun around a little, so I stayed as flat on his back as possible so he could get a good arch, and slowly I sat up and was able to swing my arm around in the air. The shot you see where I was falling off was because I started slapping his ass and lost my balance.:P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

climbout.JPG

hangingon.JPG

pose.JPG

100jump.jpg

fallingoff.JPG

If you watch the video from last years Nationals in Eloy (Omniskore) there was one team that actually flew in and climbed on. It was totally cool. I don't know but it looked like the guy on his belly was going really fast... The footage is excellent and will give you some fun ideas!

I've done several out the door, and climbed on someone a couple times. Climbing on is fun - launch or fly to a sidebody dock (I came in on the left side of the "horsie"), drop the grip on the leg and put that hand on the yoke of the horse's rig, then pull yourself up and on, basically laying on the horses back. Speed will pick up quite a bit. Hang out for a few seconds while it gets faster, then kick your legs down and sit up.

Not that I'd try a Rodeo yet

Hmmm.... you're gonna be in Perris next weekend, aren't ya?