freeflir29

FREE COACHING!!!

I almost forgot!! Skydive Atlanta now has FREE COACHING. Thats right kids....the DZO decided to foot the bill for Free Fly coaching slots. All it costs you is your own jump ticket for some seriously good coaching from Andre. Our resident "Dirty Seth Effrikan" Seriously, he is a great guy and very talented Free Flyer. Took me on my first ball jump!!! So, if your looking to improve your skills and will be in the neighborhood, stop by and take advantage!!! You can check out the DZ at http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

Yet another South African whoring himself out for free jumps...
Don't those people have any pride??? ;)
Actually South Africa does seem to produce loads of skydivers, some of them (Fred Witsit, Rat, Gary Beyer, Solly Williams etc) pretty good as well. Did you guys know that Europe's busiest DZ (Empuria Brava) is owned/operated by a South African?
"Look before you jump, don't die until you're dead"

Won't that cut into their buisiness?

Nope....I think Trey sees it as an investment in the jumpers. Especially the regulars that will benefit the most. It ups the skill level at the DZ which makes for a better vibe and bigger draw. In 4 coaching jumps I have gone from hardly being able to dock Head Down to doing 6 docks and 3 transitions on one dive. 3 docks with each hand!!! I'm pretty stoked about it. Andre is a great coach and I'm having more fun because of it. I had some of my best Free Fly jumps ever this weekend. On the video I even look like I know what I'm doing....scary huh...B|

Thanks for the hospitality guys

You must be from the Titusville group. It was great jumping with you guys on Friday. Sorry the weather wasn't better Saturday. Any time you guys get back this way there will be beer in the fridge!!! ;)

I don't mean the DZ's buisiness. More DZs should have free coaching or load organizing.

I mean Team Methods tidy little freefly coaching buisiness.;)
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

I mean Team Methods tidy little freefly coaching buisiness.

Just make sure you aren't confusing SD Atlanta and ASC where Method jumps.
Heheheehehe...yeah...Skydive Atlanta isn't into charging exhorbitant amounts for coaching or anything else like some OTHER DZ in Georgia. In fact Andre was just saying yesterday how much he enjoys coaching just because it lets him Free Fly. He gets bored doing tandem videos all the time. Plus, we all know how much fun it is to watch students progress. The free jumps don't hurt either...;)

You may have to spend some money, but getting to jump with TJ or SteveO is worth shelling out a few bucks. Yeah, you can go to alot of DZs and get discount coaching but that is exactly what you are getting. Team Method skills are a cut above your local DZ talent. You will spend the same amount getting coaching from almost ANY nationally recognized, established freeflyer.
Please dont get me wrong, I'm not downing anybody elses skills. Free and discounted coaching is great. But the extra money is sometimes worth it.

So Goat.... When are you going to gimme some FREE coaching? LOL ;)

The little white cat named Goat is so cute! That one is going to make a super good kitty for someone. Even though Levin and I agree he is a little cross-eyed. I believe I named him appropriately. He likes to be upside down and he fights wars by himself aganist imaginary armies that include his tail. It seems he is always surrounded. He also likes to do flips and to jump off things that are high. That little cat is a Super Freak.

~AirAnn~

You will spend the same amount getting coaching from almost ANY nationally recognized, established freeflyer

Andre has been to the Space Games. What more do you want? He lives in South Africa most of the time so most Americans haven't heard of Andre Du Preez. I can assure you his skill is top notch. I'll post some video as soon as I get my firewire card hooked up and figure out how to operate this blasted Premier 6.0. In any event.......I wouldn't call Andre "Local DZ talent" B|

The point I am trying to make is that you can find talented people such as Andre to give coaching at alot(not all) of DZs. But, It's not everyday that you have TJ and SteveO jumping at your DZ.
The fact is that SteveO is 1 of 3 that has his AD D. TJ is 1 of 17 that has his C. I would call that a cut above most other freeflyers.
:)

B|When are you gonna finnaly stop talking and start driving here to jump with me?:ph34r:
Of course with a house full of freeflyers I dont blame you.
You better take full advantage of having Bryan. You're lucky to have that much skill in one living room.

I would call that a cut above most other freeflyers.

I don't put much stock in someone having an AD license. I think there are plenty of people out there that have those skills plus a whole lot more. They just don't care to go get the license. TJ and Steve O used to live in Pahokee so it was right there for them. We also have John Pinyon at Skydive Atlanta and I don't think he has an AD license. After 1000+ skydives and somewhere around 2000 hours in a wind tunnel I'd put his skills with anybody's. He's pretty amazing. I've met both TJ and Steve O and they seem like good guys. I just know that I'm not driving over there to pay them a bunch of money when I can jump with Andre and John on a regular basis. To each his own I guess.

B|OBTW, I think that free coaching offered by SD Atlanta and Andre is awesome. Unheard of even.
More DZs need to follow their lead. This will bring the skill level of the whole local scene up.
Leave it up to Trey,Tim and Eric...and this is what you get. :D
I cant wait to get back there.

OBTW, I think that free coaching offered by SD Atlanta and Andre is awesome. Unheard of even.
More DZs need to follow their lead. This will bring the skill level of the whole local scene up.

i heard a rumor that there were good things coming to the houston area. :0)

sorry bryan, i couldn't help myself.

levin
grat#40
vSCR#pending

If the coaching is right in front of you, of course you dont want to drive to pay for it. I think that if an individual was to spend a weekend getting coaching from them as apposed to driving to get free coaching it would be well worth it. If I was just learning I would be going to both DZs and get the best of both worlds.
I guess my view is coming from having 1000 skydives and from having jumped with most of these guys.
And about the ball tests..
I AM NOT talking about the above people, but I have met alot of people who think they can pass the C ball test....
I dont put much stock in someone having there A except for that they can probably stay on there head. The A is easy. It's the B and up that gets hard.

This will bring the skill level of the whole local scene up

That's what Trey is trying to do and so far it's working out well. I can dock now!!! ;) I sorta could before I jumped with Andre but now it's like I was born to do it. Easy as anything....

If the coaching is right in front of you, of course you dont want to drive to pay for it

Actually, that DZ is much closer to me. I just refuse to jump there anymore. ;) That has absolutely nothing to do with Steve O and TJ though.

Our trip (the Titusville crew) also stopped by ASC and had a great time and were treated VERY well (with the exception of one of the packers who is teritorial about where he sleeps). A couple people I was with did coach jumps with SteveO and I believe TJ, and they said they gained a lot from the jumps, and they were reasonably priced.

Thanks to the ASC for showing us a great time and letting us crash at you DZ for a couple nights. Hope to see you in Titusville one of these days.

Mark Klingelhoefer

Goat/Clay, my thing about coaching isnt the cost at all nor the dz. It is the comfort of coach to student. Me in this case - I can not learn anything if I am weird about jumping with a person. I dont care who they are. I just checked cost of flights to Chicago, Calif, Florida, Atlanta, and Dallas. I am up to a trip and I dont care where I have to go. I am going to do this. I have laid off for way too long. I cant hardly stand myself right now. :S

But that is just me.

~AirAnn~