Zennie

Freefly & Dance

As sort of a correllary post to my "Ski Jumping & Skydiving" post, I'm finding myself watching the figure skating competitions... especially the ice dancing, with greater interest. My wife does a lot of Salsa & Swing and when she's watching her dance videos, I find myself sitting down and analyzing it.
I'm not really big into dancing at all, but it intrigues me from a freefly perspective. I've seen the ice and "regular" dancers do some interesting stuff that might be applied in the freefly context.
Of course I need to get good enough to maintain proximity in every orientation first, but it's still food for thought.
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

I've seen footage a year ago on some of the freefly circus guys (I think Mike Swanson and Ippo) doing a headown dance routine and it was some AWESOME stuff. Not sure if they do it in competion or not.
Opie
If your not on the edge, you can't enjoy the view!

I had thought of this too, actually. Although, I had been thinking more of a breakdance type of thing. Mainly trying to start in a stand, sliding out of that onto my back while turning a 360 (relative to my horizontal axis), while doing a complete spin (barrel roll, opposite direction of the horizontal 360) to transition to a head down. That would look incredibly cool on video...
"I said don't look Ethel, It was too late, she'd already been incensed... "

*cough cough* freestyle.... that's where freeflying started, dancing in freefall. If you can find Tamara Koyn's Freestyle Notes buy it. There's loads of different body positions and manuevers described there that you can integrate into your freeflying.

pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?