poolshark

Camsports HDmax extreme

This one looks nice, very small and with a display on it. Much more ways of connecting it to a TV which the GoPro, Contour and Drift lacks. Less snag hazard than a GoPro and it seems you can mount it every angle you want (both top and side). In my opinion all the good options of the other 3 above mentioned in one unit.

Also nice is the build in laserpointer to see what you're filming. Makes quick adjustments on the ground easy.

This could well be the first real alternative for a Sony camcorder.
Blue skies!

This one has a screen for playback and is better for side mounting......

Also check out the bullet cam: http://www.camsports.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=206&Itemid=282

Not as many features and only 720p but very small!

It's also way bigger than a gopro. A gopro is 2 3/4 inches, 3.5 if you include the case. Just the screen on this thing is 2".

Why not just get a CX camera? I mean, sure - if sony doesn't keep making an EIS camera, eventually we are gonna be stuck with stuff like this, but it isn't the case.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Its 102mm (4") long so thats only 1/2" bigger that the gopro and its only 1.5" wide........... So i wouldn't say its WAY bigger that a gopro.........

My numbers were on the diagonal across the back, a gopro in it's case is only 2.75" x 3" x 1.75" so i guess it's fair to say that it's not "way" bigger, meh, dunno.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I was just thinking - what this sport really needs are some more ultra small SuperXtreme no-apparent-snag-hazard low quality HD cameras. Because that way we can get more cameras on more jumpers. Just the other weekend I was up at Elsinore, and on some dives, not all jumpers had a camera.