mark135

need batwing specs

they won't give them out because they want you to send it in to them only if it needs relining, etc? Or they won't give it out as in they arn't servicing batwings? Im confused. :o

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

It doesnt really matter why. I guess they want my wife to send it in. we arent going to do that and incur all the costs when it can handled very easily by our rigger.
Her rigger called and they wont give them out. She needs 4 lines replaced due to excessive wear from the french links (getting slinks now) the rigger wants to re-trim the canopy for her but needs the specs.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

It doesnt really matter why.

I kind of does matter "why". The folks at Precision have always been excellent about working with people when it comes to technical specs. If they don't want to give you the numbers, there is probably a reason why...you might want to call them yourself and find out "why".

My guess might be that if you need to change out 4 lines because of "excessive wear" and "re-trim" the rest of them, your line set is probably in need of replacement, not just maintenance. That might be why they don't want to give you the specs.

Give them a call, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to explain themselves to you!

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

Batwing 116 Line specs...

A1: 275
A2: 277
A3,4,5: 276

B1: 281
B2: 284
B3,4,5: 280

C1: 297
C2: 294
C3,4,5: 293

D3,4,5:312

Chris

sure we'll share any information you ask for... (are you SURE your rigger asked for it?)

When we sell a lineset , we will install the lineset at no charge, then also include free inspection that almost always include repairing a broken stitch here or there, also for no additional charge.

Batwing 116 Line specs...

sure we'll share any information you ask for... (are you SURE your rigger asked for it?)

When we sell a lineset , we will install the lineset at no charge, then also include free inspection that almost always include repairing a broken stitch here or there, also for no additional charge.

I have to agree. I sent a Batwing in to have a new line set installed and they did a bunch of other little things at no charge. They had it back to me quickly. I know some people grumble about precision with the reserve issues that came up a year or so ago but I have had nothing but good service from Precision.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

They had it back to me quickly. I know some people grumble about precision with the reserve issues that came up a year or so ago but I have had nothing but good service from Precision

I'm not grumbling. thats why I didnt want to go down the "why precision wouldnt give him the specs" road

I don't care why, I just need a problem solved. and my problem is that my wife is difficult to live with if she doesn't have her "baby" in her container.

Actually I found out what he (rigger) needs is wether that measurment is from the inside or outside or somthing like that. He is calling precision again.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

[
My guess might be that if you need to change out 4 lines because of "excessive wear" and "re-trim" the rest of them, your line set is probably in need of replacement, not just maintenance.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

By the time you have replaced four lines, you have spent almost as much money as a new line set would cost and you are a long way from perfect trim. That is why I rarely repair more than two lines per canopy. Beyond that I recommend replacing all the lines.

Chris, thanks for posting the specs on-line.

Anything we can do to help... let us know.

Sometimes it is tough to keep up with phones, emails, recdot and this forum. but try all methods of communication... getting it solved and correctly is most important to us too... as much as it is to you too.

By the way... at Precision we always number our lines from the endcell in... i.e. A1 is the line attached at the stabilizer side , the larger numbers work toward the inside... (A5 is center cell of a 9 (or 27) cell.

We truely prefer to do maintenance at the plant... for 2 reasons.

1. (most important!) By maintaining canopies that are in the field, under real life use, wear and tear, abuse and neglect, we get a better understanding of what happens outside our microscopic, very controlled enviroment. We have learned more about canopies from everyone out there.

Please consider using our facilities for repairs, relines, and any other inspection needed. We have an inside interest. Let us put that to your advantage. We build the finest canopies, both in design and workmanship... Let us help you jumping the best in the best shape.

2. Your repairs are additional revenue. We like that. More revenue helps us continue to improve our/your products.

Anyone, feel free to contact me directly for assistance at any time through any medium... (phone, e-mail, these forums, instant messaging, etc.).

By the way, your riggers out there, (Like Rob Warner and Ryan Gifford, among others), go outa their way to stay abreast with respect to specs, methods, etc. I talk to these guys and others like them daily. If you have a rigger that seems uninformed, politely move on to someone that can handle your maintenance.

Chris
Precision Aerodynamics

423-949-4688
423-949-5174 fax

[email protected]

xaosrocks AOL IM
xaosrocks msn messenger
xaosrocks yahoo im thing

home phone: i don't think so...
dz: 931-455-4574