rapaz

sony cx100 Mac issue

Hello everybody, I just get a sony cx100 HD and I cant download the avchd archives into my mac mini, the memory stick icon appear and I can see the photos icons but nothing with the video icons.
I need some kind of driver or shit like that??

Tankssssss;)

NLE = Non Linear Editor = your computer

I believe they are saying you can not just transfer the files through the Finder. You must "Import" the file through the application you are editing with. iMovie 9, Final Cut Express/Pro, Premier, etc.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

You can move the .mts files onto your computer, but without the entire file structure from the Memory Stick programs like iMovie will not be able to work with them. For archival purposes though you can just move the .mts which is the raw footage. Adobe Premier can open the .mts files from finder.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

I use it and think it's fairly fast. But Not fast enough to do at the dz ,so i do my edits during the week and mail them. But it sucks because you have to use the docking station due to the file structure i think. Can't remove the memory card and use a card reader , unless you convert the files which is a very long process ,not worth the headache.
If that's what your looking to do your better off booting into windows with sony vegas pro 8.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I use it and think it's fairly fast. But Not fast enough to do at the dz ,so i do my edits during the week and mail them. But it sucks because you have to use the docking station due to the file structure i think. Can't remove the memory card and use a card reader , unless you convert the files which is a very long process ,not worth the headache.
If that's what your looking to do your better off booting into windows with sony vegas pro 8.

Is iMovie any faster if you shoot in SD vs HD? I've found that the quality of the HQ SD option on the CX-100 is very good and does not require converting to be used. How does the Mac and iMovie do with the MPEG's?