avenfoto

new website.

looks nice, although I think te overall heigh o the website may be a recurring issue with some.... with the navigation bar at the bottom of the layout, it took me a while to find on a laptop, which is what most people might be working on... or a similar resolution, at least.

Fantastic photos though, I really enjoyed flipping through the pics!
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

I really like the photographs!

The layout was uncomfortable with the horizontal scrolling, and I think the images, loading all at once, are too large making the loading very slow. It would be better to use thumbnails and let the user decide when/if they want to load the full-size images.

I think the images, loading all at once, are too large making the loading very slow.

The problem is not so much the resolution but the filesize (they are not compressed enough).

http://www.avenfoto.com/large/JFF_1835.jpg
995x666 and 600k

http://www.matthoover.com/images/2009-02_p02.jpg
600x400 and 45k

Bryan, I save my jpg's in Photoshop as 60% quality... the difference is next to impossible to notice and the size reduction is significant. Your 600k image could be 60-80k and look identical if you use the right compression. Then your page would load 10 times faster and you'd use 10 times less bandwidth.

Beautiful photos though!
www.WingsuitPhotos.com