davidfreefly

free music

Hi there,

I have been searching the forum, and some websites, as jamendo.com

I need music for editing my tandem videos, but i dont want to pay a penny!!

Someone said here Jamendo is free music... free royalta.. but searching they want you to pay, to use the music on a website, or a video project.

Where to find absolutly FREE music, to use on our videos.

Regards,

Not all of the music on Jamendo is royalty free, however some artists allow their music to be used for commercial purposes. Some with strings attached (you must credit the artist in the production, and/or allow your work to be shared also), and some with no strings attached at all. Go to http://creativecommons.org to find out about the different licensing options used by artists at jamendo. You can search by CC license on Jamendo.

You don't get much for free.

The best route is to buy a copy of Sony Cinescore. It will generate a soundtrack for your video.

Do you have any examples of a tandem video done using Cinescore? In reading about it the idea seems very cool. Just curious to see or hear it in action.

You don't get much for free.

The best route is to buy a copy of Sony Cinescore. It will generate a soundtrack for your video.

Do you have any examples of a tandem video done using Cinescore? In reading about it the idea seems very cool. Just curious to see or hear it in action.

I'm curious about this as well... I've spent some time playing with Acid but it would be nice to eliminate some of the work involved in playing with individual audio tracks and generate tracks for particular lengths of videos...

Also, Cinescore Studio is also packaged with Sony Vegas Movie Studio Pt 9 but I'm not sure how it differes from the full version of Cinescore...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

It's not a tandem video but I did fiddle with Cinescore as the full plugin for Sony Vegas a little bit last night...

Please forgive the late exit on my part it was the first jump of the day and I wasn't quite awake yet... :$B|

http://www.scottgunstills.com/gallery/7892449_UmsaC/1/#522594116_Xj5Rx-A-LB

Scott,

I like that! That works well actually. Which version of Vegas are you using? I bought the $100 version of 9, can't swing or justify the $500 version just yet.

What video camera are you using, that video quality was amazing!!

BK

Hi there,

I have been searching the forum, and some websites, as jamendo.com

I need music for editing my tandem videos, but i dont want to pay a penny!!

Someone said here Jamendo is free music... free royalta.. but searching they want you to pay, to use the music on a website, or a video project.

Where to find absolutly FREE music, to use on our videos.

Regards,

In the advanced search, check the boxes that say, "Find content I can use for commercial purposes," and "Find content I can modify, adapt, or build upon." (see attached)

Remember also that if you want to sync music to a video that you are not planning to sell, then all you need is the second box checked to find music you can sync ... in that case you'll find a much larger selection of great music!

Scott,

I like that! That works well actually. Which version of Vegas are you using? I bought the $100 version of 9, can't swing or justify the $500 version just yet.

I use Vegas Movie Studio 9 Pt ($85 version) and downloaded the trial version of Cinescore so I could have more control over the music score and I liked it so I might actually get the program...

For most of us Vegas Pro is more program than we need...

I am jumping A CX100... for upjumpers I usually work in HD in the FH setting... and have a Century 0.55x single element lens...

I do as little as possible when rendering in Sony Vegas... and then I have to do a second render (to a 720p resolution using a more standard h.264 instead of the sony AVCHD) to upload it to Smugmug...

I wish I didn't have to do the second render but unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get sony to play nice with Apple's h.264 in the resolution I want.

all in all I like smugmug's distribution capabilities... hopefully their distribution system only gets better with time...