DSE

Need better looking video?

Wow, I clearly need to go into "handmaking" cables for audiophiles. I'll just start up the unobtanium smelter...
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Well....the way I figure it, the gold-plated power cables, gold 1394 cables, the gold RGB cables, and finally, the gold remote control combined, will make your video as good as you could possibly imagine in your wildest dreams. For a price of around 10K in cables, you could own the very best of the best cables money can buy and marketing can dream up.

Plug your camera in using one of these.
Honest. :D:D:D
Hell, order TWO, and you can have better SOUNDING video too.
Had to share this one.

Fook me $2500 for 6 foot of audio cable:o:o:o:o
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Had to share this one.

Fook me $2500 for 6 foot of audio cable:o:o:o:o

Dude, read it carefully, its not an audio cable, but a POWER cable...

$2500 starting price... for transmitting simple 110 AC... I'll never understand those audiophiles.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Had to share this one.

Ah, its just a simple case of the American worker trying to keep up with the chinese manufacturers.:D

Since we shipped all of our jobs overseas the demnd for handmade quality work has gone up but the skills have not been passed on so the rarity of the skill makes those cables worth it.:D

The good thing is that it takes the chinese 300,000 cables to make the profit we make on just one.

Work smarter? Hell no, just raise the price.B|

(Hopefully, that was not seen as SC material)
My photos

My Videos

Had to share this one.

I think this is DeJaVu. I didn't take the time to find the other post but I think you (DSE) posted something similar a few months back.
I am one of these audiophiles. And I spend a lot of money on gear. Like 10's of thousands. With gear like that it makes a difference in the cables. Even in the line voltage cables. Some audiophiles, myself included, go so far as to have an isolated circuit with even more expensive wiring and outlets including the ground to have the electricity as clean as possible.
Believe it or not the cable you are looking at really isn't that expensive compared to some.
If you "listen" to music and have the right gear there really is a difference.
It's kind of like the 4K. You and I can appreciate the RED ONE but most would never understand. I'm sure you would not even flinch. If you really bought one and mounted it to your Tonfly most people would think you were smoking crack. (maybe you have one already)
It's all about what you're into. Ya Know what I mean?
For those that are unfamiliar if you want to see something that makes HD look like VHS then click here:

http://www.red.com/

I was extremely desperate for an A/V cable for my cam one night, and the only store left open was a Circuit City. The only cable they had was a "Monster Super Duper Gold Smelted High Definition" Cable. Sixty damn dollars!!! I still cry a little inside every time I use it...
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.

Pilot-one....I not only have a separate circuit for my audio gear, I have a separate BREAKER BOX for the entire audio studio with its own grounding system (star config) with Bryston leveler, not to mention the John Hardy M1 systems custom built with Jensen isolators and Xformers.:P
If you honestly think that the POWER cable makes a diff at this level....:S
I started in this biz working for Tom Stockham (google him if you don't know who he is) and then worked for Ray Kimber for quite a while.
I'm an audio geek too....but this power cable (and data cables) are ridiculous, and for the uber-arrogant, IMO. If you wanna talk about transparency of analog, clean power, yada yada, that's another discussion. But the power cable with no cleaning...srry. Ain't buying. And...if you're over 40, it's even more silly, but it's like skydiving; a helluva lot of fun to see who measures bigger when it's all laid out.

BTW, at the moment, RED is useless for almost everything. Funny it was brought up...I'm in Edmonton Canada speaking at a film fest, and presenting a RED. Several filmmakers came up and had their sad little misconception that the RED ONE is an independent (read super low budget) filmmaker's dream. It's not. It's little different than working with a typical 5-man production crew with a 16 or 35mm system with boomed audio.
And while eventually it might end up working out...I'll take a Genesis/Genocide, Dalsa, or Viper any day of the week. They actually work.
But I am excited to see the Scarlet ship. Seems that that one won't be so FUBAR.

You're exactly right about the line conditioning. It's all about a system. No one component in a system will be that much different.
If you put a known high quality power cable on an average audio system I guarantee you will hear no difference.:P
Next time you're in San Antonio come over to my house. If you're experienced in "listening" to hifi I guarantee you'll hear the difference.:)As far a digital goes I kind of agree with you. But I do believe connections and shielding are important so you will have to make a step above the Monster cable level to get the full capabilties of a $6000 CD player.:o
Enough said.
For your information this is where I get most of my gear:
www.gcaudio.com
This guy happens to live down the street from me and works out of his house.