bigway

photo help

So I went to a wedding on friday and am trying to get a picture fixed.
It has a shot of the Sydney Opera House in the background and it came out terrible for me.

If there anyone here that could help lighten the background up so that the opera house is visible in this phto below? If anyone can help i will email you the original copy.

Cheers.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I looked at this version and you do not have enough material to work with in terms of the data in the photo. Shots like this usually need loger exposure settings to get it to come out. Shy of spending a few hours on it creating lots of masks and applying tranformations there is not much that can be done with out ruining the people in the photo also.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

What if i was to supply the background of the photo seperate? Would that make a difference?

Anyway, either way, thanks for replying, i am just trying to see if anything is possible.

It was at the wedding reception and far too drunk to take a half decent photo.

Apart from the photos atatched i have the building on its own in the dark if it is of any help.

Cheers,

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Yeah, it is. Right on the edge of the 'private' wharf on the top floor of the glass buildings.

One hell of an expensive wedding. The bride was my Partners sister. Bridesmaid is my partner.

We went from the church to the restaurant by private ferry. Was a very nice wedding, kind of have to live up to that now i imagine. Will figure out a way to top her sisters wedding... Hopefully it will be a massive tandem star with the wedding party, then landing to a BBQ on the dropzone with copious amounts of kegs and barrels of Tequila.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Looks good in a quick dirty kind of way.

DSE was going to give it a go for me so I am looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

I have a 50% off wings voucher for anyone that can show me an excellent quality picture out of this. However I am trying to make it look like they are still on the third floor of a building and not on the same lever as the Opera house.

Appreciate the effort.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Use the shadow/highlight filter in photoshop.
If you combine that with some selective masking of the foreground/background, you could get a okay-ish quality picture out of this, that shows more then the little hint of the opera-house you see in the orginal image..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Sure is mate!.

Any chance i could send you the full size and you do the same for me??

Thanks. Send me a PM

It would be some work, but you could do a full replacement to "daytime" with the right sets of pictures. You just have to do some creative masking and it might look a little shopped! The best would be if you had a properly exposed nighttime shot of just the opera house to use.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

It would be some work, but you could do a full replacement to "daytime" with the right sets of pictures.

Dont you think that goes just a little bit past 'fixing' a photo of a moment/memory, and creating a fake photo of which everyone in it says 'when was that one taken?'
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I think this can`t be called "fake". It`s just one detail that is fixed and it is already there before (you just can`t see it );)
my 2c

I was taking about the 'full daytime replacement' mentioned earlyer..
But I guess this goes more into the feeling/ethics behind photo manipulation..

In case of this photo, I think the defenition of 'fake' would be...can all the people on that photo look at it, and not realise it was changed/altered from the night the picture was taken...if its obvious to them the photo was altered and it doesnt 100% resemble the memory of that event.....its a bad job...

Changing it to daytime sounds weird and silly to me..

Its a fine line...just enhancing whats there in the photo, or making up details (grips, formations etc:P;)) that didnt really happen as pictured..

I recall the Paragear picture with a flat 4 way with 4 hangers.
The orginal picture had a floating cutaway-pad on one of the jumpers. The picture in the final folder had perfect handles on everyone...was that enhancing photo or faking a event...
;):P??
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?