sparko

182 exit with camera wings

I've done most of my tandem camera jumps from a 206 but we temporarily are using a 182. I've been just wearing a freefly suit and climbing out along the strut and standing on the wheel, which works, but i can't figure out how I'd do it with wings on?

Any ideas would be awesome...

Surely reaching out to the strut therefore extending my wings would make life really difficult? it feels like if i had wings on there'd be heaps of pressure on them and be really difficult to do?

(bear in mind i have issues with several climbouts on several planes especially with wings....falling off is my speciality...hence the paranoia)

" it feels like if i had wings on there'd be heaps of pressure on them and be really difficult to do?
are you saying you haven't done it yet?? You can't learn it from the internet! Just climb out.....Tony

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

There's always that.;)
My photos

My Videos

bear in mind i have issues with several climbouts on several planes especially with wings....falling off is my speciality...hence the paranoia

Wings or no wings, the key to climbouts is to not let go of the plane.

Here's another idea - Practice climbouts in the hanger with the actual plane you'll be using. Find the right sequence of moves that makes sense to you.

Start from where you'll be when the door opens, and if you really want to go all out, gear up so you can see how much room you need for your rig and camera, and maybe how for you can reach with your swoop cords on.

Coincidentally, I wore my wings on a 182 today. No different in pressure overall than rear float exit climbout. Yes, I feel wind in my wings, but it's nothing unmanageable.
You should pay for my jump ticket; I wore em' just to check this out for you.:D

I exit rear float on the 182, My hands in the door and my feet on the back of the step, the only quirk is that you have to explode back into a track position. It gets great shots of the plane on exit but the wing strur exit gives you the best shot of a tandems face. What did you say about wings?;)

"Sometimes you look up and shit hath happened." Waz fjc 2009

Well, i sucked it up and actually just tried it. And it was really a lot easier then i thought it would be...

I didn't want to try it on a paid jump in case i had problems, but I'm on every load as a paid jump so i just gave it a shot and it worked.

Much stress about nothing.

Cheers though