DougH

BH or Cookie box for pc350?

Does any one have any personal experince with the Bone Head box for the pc350, or the cookie black box.

The cookie box looks like it is much smaller, and it protects the lense better (maybe only for their lenses?).

I looked at the bonehead box online as well, it looks like it is less streamlined with more cut outs and opening?

I am leaning towards the cookie box but I would love some second opinions on both of them.

My only hang up is that my helmet is a bonehead optic illusion, and it is custom paint job, purple and green. I think I would have to take the cookie box to a body shop if I wanted it to match (and I do).
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

not that it is very useful input, but I use the BH d-box for my HC-30. Also, I top mount it. But if it is any help, I like it very much and have no real complaints with my setup.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

How was the finish on the box?

My friend got one recently for a trv that didn't look great in my opinion. Hinges looked bad, yes I know that they aren't polished SS, almost like the box sat around in a moist warehouse. The finish and the fiberglass work didn't look great either.

He is happy jumping it, but if it was me I would have expected better craftsmanship considering what they cost!!

I am really happy with the work on our optic illusions, but seeing that box sent me for a loop! It looked almost like it was a training box! :|:ph34r:

=P

Arvel. Thank you for the offer but I think I will hold off. The pc350 is a good deal smaller than the 330 so if bonehead is intending the same box to be used for both cameras then I really don't like the design. I would rather not have to shim the camera with a ton of foam.

The pictures are very helpful though!! Thanks.

I guess cookie it is.
=P

Doug, next time your at Jumptown ask Brian G to check out his box. He's got a Mindwarp with a top mounted PC109. He's got the Cookie box for his, and it is slick. Very form fitting to the camera and a very smooth box, eliminating lots of snag. He's got the Liquid Lens to go with it and it's a sweet combination.

The Bonehead boxes I've seen all look like crap. Huge hinges and lots of edges.

Yay Doug is gonna have his camera set-up!

Hi,

I have a PC 350 and I have a Rawa helmet.

It would be impossible to make a more fitting box for a PC350.

Out of the two you chose, cookies would have to be the best hands down. Not sure if the bonehead box is still the same but not too much thought went into the bone head box that i saw...too bulky, over engineered and the closing system was kinda silly. what is the point of using all that metal?

It seems they cannot be bothered making a separate box for separate cameras either but that is just assumption from what I have seen.

Rawa and Cookie boxes are really sleek and fit your camera perfect as well as looking good.

I can recommend Rawa's for security too.

Good Luck.

Rhys
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

doug, i have a pc350 with a cookie box, it does look sharp.

like the box, no problems at all.

though hindsight, i will next time get a helmet with a flat side mount surface(i have a mindwarp)

but besides the helmet deal, i like it

although question for you, my pc350 makes a quite loud 'hum', and of course its even worse when its inside the box(you can hear it on the video). you dont hear it under canopy, but right when i start to flare, the audio sensitivity increases and the buzz/hum comes back
note: you can also slightly hear it under any quiet conditions, not just being inside of the box

thomas

That 330 is a big boy!! That setup looks awesome. :D

RE: camera hum. I have only used it so far on the ground, but I haven't noticed any real humming noise.

=P

Doug - get the cookie. The difference is like chalk and cheese. I've not seen a specific BH 350 box, but I have seen a BH and a CC box side by side - they're both good boxes, but the CC one blows every other box away - its the tightest box (ew eh missus ;)) you'll ever see, and with so few snag hazards.

a mate jumps the Bonehead and I (and many others) jump the cookie box.

The cookies is way sleaker, and the box with fit almost ANY lens:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?