Nolimitz

Editing Equipment for tandem videos

I just took over the video concession at my dz, and I'm wondering what is the best type of equipment (fast and nice editing capabilities) to use? I basically have a mixer, title maker and a couple of ipods. I'm just trying to get a feel for different types of systems being used out there, and would appreciate any help/feedback. Thanks:)Blue skies,
Kim

I use to edit non-linear, but switched over to a Panasonic linear I bought used for $200. I also bought a gadget that allowed me to use my computer screen as secondary video source so I can add high quality stills rather than using capturing stills from the video.

steveOrino

I do plan to get a Mac for my own personal use, but I was told that, depending on the length of the video, it can take a Mac a long time to render a video. Is this not the case? Included in the equipment I just purchased is a dvd recorder that only takes 4 min. to finalize. Thanks for the input so far, guys.
Kim

I find it fast for a 10 to 12 minute tandem video, for longer projects I store it on a EHD. To also make the Tandem videos faster we don't record DVD's with the idvd, we export to a dvd recorder, how ever long your video is, thats how long it takes to burn.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo