BRYANGOESBOOM

HC 96/ Side Mount???

I have done search and didnt come up with much on the HC96.
Looking at getting a HC 96 to side mount. Is anyone using this configuration?? Also looking at lenses B&H has a sony .6X for $30 seems like a good price but it doesnt come threaded for a filter. Is this a good wide angle for inside video? Should i spend the extra money get one of those low profile lenses from cookie or Max???

Thanks in advance :)Bryan

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

Thanks
I guess there isnt really a option for side mounting other than buying second hand. Since i want to film inside video i was told side mount is the way to go. What are your thoughts about this??
also
Doesnt the HC 96 fit in the same Dbox bone head built for the TRV 19 ??? http://www.boneheadcomposites.com/cammount.htm

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

I got a HC96 for Xmas. Right now I am in the process of ordering a cookie composite setup. You can get the helmet, side mounted box, cutaway and a wide angle lens w/ filters for about $900.
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress

no doubt the camera is a fine one... the HC series, is good and the 96 is an upper end model in that series,

And for sure helmet manufactuers now have the design ability manufacturing willingness and the justifying market for it. So no doubt, a side mount is doable...

Just wondering about riser strikes , snags, or lopsided 'g forces' at deployment time...since that camera IS wide...
Older style side mounts may have been more likley to have such issues, and certainly one piece molded boxes, leaving no 'corners or edges' will minimize concerns about suspension lines and/or risers hanging up on the camera bracket/box..(won't stop it from happening, but the results shouldn't be TOO damaging...) :o[:/]B|

State of the art gear is keeping pace with current needs as well as safety concerns...and that's important...

I have had good success with top mounts only,,, and never made a jump, with a side mounted camera and helmet.
attached are some old photos...
Now it's a sony trv27 side by side with a Nikon D70s.
the front mount sony still, is handy for quick snapshots....:) the altimeter is mostly just for a laughs...:SB|:o:):P
though it has come in handy a few times...

jmy o[:-)

I use the HC36 and it is hte sme size as the 96. I made about 10 jumps with it side mounted. Never had a riser strike, but I did have concerns for one. I mounted the camera on top with a digital rebel still and it was a lot better, especially with weight distro.

So you can put it on the side, but they are wide.

Check out Sony's website and they only have one HC that they are selling now...that sucks.
Brad

I have been looking into get a Cookie rig. Has anyone used the 96 Black Box? If so, what size battery do you use on your HC96?

Fitz
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress

You can only use the lower capacity battery. I bought the higher capacity battery hoping that it would fit, but no such luck.

My HC90 has a slim battery that fits totally inside the camera, both the regular and extended versions. Does the 96 have a "block" that fits on the back like the older PC models?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com