ryan_turner

Inverting Video

Anyone know how to invert the video on a Sony HC-90? I have one mounted on my belly mount and it would be nice if the camera could record inverted instead of having to try to do it in software.

Here is an example of what it looks like without being inverted: http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=5156

in skimming throught the manual I didn't see anything that implied you could do that... but... um... its really not that hard to do it with software...

in fact this videos whole opening sequence (ground shots...) of this video was shot w/the camera upsidedown...B|

http://www.scottgunshell.com/Vids/8-way-turned5-way.wmv
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Just put a camera-bracket on your bellymount, which has the option of mounting the camera in both orientations.
So not a normal L bracket, but a U bracket

Quite a few freeflyers have these for upside-down mounting.

The bracket has two holes. the top one screws onto your belly-mount, bottom hole screws onto your camera
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

hehe reminds me of when a buddy filmed some guys jumping off an 'A' and held the camera sideways to get the whole Antennae in. Made for some interresting footage :D
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

Inverting? I'd say mirroring.

No mirroring is when you watch the movie from the other side of the screen. Inverting, you watch the screen sitting on the armchair with your legs up and your head down. You can do both at the same time but be aware that they are both very different.
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen