Peej

Helmets

Hey all, i'm a newbie skydiver from South Africa looking for your opinions on helmets.

I've recently started looking to buy gear and after much searching (and deliberation) have come across the Z1 Evo Open face helmet from Parasport Italia, does anyone currently own one and could you offer any opinions?

IE. is it comfortable? how is it for freeflying? is it worth the money? etc.

Your advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Got one,

Love it.. Its very comfortable and well worth the money I paid for it. I have not had any problems with it at all headdown goin fast. 180MPH plus according to the protrack and it stays put and is nice and quiet. The only problem was the tensioning device did not want to lock down on the chin strap.. first jump it loosened up and started getting a little wind under the helmet... but I got it to the desired size and then stitched it down with some waxed thread and voila it stays in place. The little pouches on the side for my protrack are a bit tight to my ear but I think I should have purchased a little larger size helmet in the first place.

Amazon

dont help much when its not there;)well atleast i cant find it..
I were also considering an EVO but would also like to hear experience..
I had their earlyer soft model,it didnt hold to much more than 4-5 ff jumps before it were demolised by windpressure(it actualy pulled then chinthing out of the helmet).However i have only heard good about their other helmets..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hey my bru..
Go with the boneheads.. I know that the Rand is weak to american dollars but it would be well worth the money to find one, used or new.. Look for classified ads and such... Since you are new you might have a lot of luck buying really nice and strong gear used, instead of new..