lewmonst

What does the cameraflyer get paid for student videos with DIGITAL stills?

What dropzones are giving a cd with digital stills to tandem/aff students (along with the video)?

How much does the cameraflyer get paid? Is it more than it was with shooting a film camera? Do the cameraflyers have to have their own digital camera to use on all the student jumps?

Obviously it can be a lot of wear and tear on the camera. Digital cameras are much more expensive to have than just a film camera, so does your dropzone pay the camera flyers more to offset that expense?

Thanks
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

I have been getting 30 to 35 for a disk of what ever I took on the jump.
Most people pay it if they have it, I sell a lot of them after the jump when the customer said they didn't want them before the jump, but after seeing the photo's they want them.
If someone want's them but don't have the all money I will wheel and deal with them, I would rather they have the photos then be a dickhead and hold out for all the money
this has got me more work by request when their friends and family come out later.
A lot of folks who may not have the cash in the full amount will give a check or whip out the C.C.
Even at that price your "giving away" your photos, as you know it's not cheep to replace your stuff or to get it in the first place.
The dz will offer a package of 90 for both with the 30 for stills going the camera flyer, the dz still get's their cut off the video.
All camera flyers at my dz have to have their own stuff for stills, we are all digital here.
We are getting five dollars more then when we used to fly 35mm and give a roll of film.
Yes we should make more for the work, for what the quality of photos are, compaired to other types of photography work
we are "giving away" our work.
However people are not going to shell out 300.00 more bucks for video and stills on top of the cost of jumps.
If they would we would get more in line of what there worth.

(so does your dropzone pay the camera flyers more to offset that expense? ) QUOTE

No and I don't know any that will ! Never have, never will.

Why do you ask?
Are you running into greedy dzo's who want more of your income/profits when they don't have the investment in the camera equipment and all the extras to do the job?:S

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I was asking what the cameraflyer gets TOTAL for doing the video and stills.

Standard is usually around $30 for video, some places include stills some don't. So if you do sell video plus DIGITAL stills, what is your total earning for the jump?

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

I was asking what the cameraflyer gets TOTAL for doing the video and stills.

Standard is usually around $30 for video, some places include stills some don't. So if you do sell video plus DIGITAL stills, what is your total earning for the jump?

peace
lew

`

I misread -- I thought you wanted $ for digital stills. We get $30 for video and an additional $20 for a disk of digital stills. If we upgrade to DVD that is an additional $15. I often combine the digital stills & DVD upgrade to $25. That way I get paid $55 for a video jump. I pay for all supplies and editors (if needed)

steveOrino

I supply the cd's and case's for the stills and vhs.
The dz covers the dvd's but they charge more for dvd and they keep it.
I do my own editing, their mac, they get a cut from the video sale to cover the cost of the mac.
Up in till last year we had to supply everything needed to do the job at our expense.
My dzo is more then fair with the pay and use of the equip.

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

At our DZ, the video guys work independently from the DZ and from each other. We charge $85 for DVD video and 'pseudo digital' stills. Out of that we pay for our dive ($23) and do our own editing, burning, mailing, etc. 'Pseudo stills' are still images taken off the video (yeah, fair quality but it works).

-
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video