annaandbob

jumpsuits

I ordered a new camerasuit from them the first of February. (I heard through a friend that they made a good suit and with the U.S. dollar
vs the South African, it sounded like a good deal).

Boy, did I ever run into problems.....

I ordered it 'rush' and paid a premium to get it by the end of the month, as I was heading to a boogie in March.

When the jumpsuit arrived (on-time), it didn't even come close to fitting. The wings were WAY TO LOW and interfered with my hip-rings. Looking
back on the order form, there was no measurement for this dimension (armpit to hip-ring). The wing would have interfered with my deployment... NOT
GOOD

So, I put on the jumpsuit and my rig and had a friend take some digital
pics. In these pics are a ruler showing where things were located and how much they needed to be adjusted.

I sent the jumpsuit back to South Africa - at my expense (NOT CHEAP). Got it back AFTER the boogie I wanted the jumpsuit for......... And it still is
not right!!!!! Also, in the seams where it was 'adjusted', there are loose threads and it is coming apart.

Manny (the owner) wants me to ship it back again at my cost. This is getting expensive. I want him to pay shipping - it's not my fault he
can't make a suit that fits. Plus, I believe he should refund the premium charge - it's almost 3 months later and I don't have a jumpsuit.

On top of that, Manny has implied a 'threat' if we are ever to meet. What kind of good business is this? All I want is a jumpsuit that fits me, for the price promised.

I'm reversing the charges on my credit card and calling TonySuit.
Guess I should have gone there in the first place.....

I would STRONGLY advise anyone considering a jumpsuit from them to go
elsewhere......

Chris
D23606

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I bought my Hornet from icarus, and Manny was pollite and responded quickly to my questions. No problems at all.

To get the best possible fit of a suit, it's best to go directly to the manufactor and get them to take the measurments.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That really sucks!!!I recently took delivery of my new FFsuit made by a new company based in Empuria,Spain.The workmanship is the dogs and they offer plenty of options i.e cut,extra pockets etc etc.The companys name is SONIC AIRWARE and i honestly can't recommend there product enough...Not the cheapest of suits though,but you certainly get what you pay for.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

That Blows! Sounds like poor business practices to me . I'm stunned at how they responded to the problem they created and then to make a threat towards you! The skydiving community is such a small market for these businesses and this is how the deal with their problems. I guess they do not value their customers. They definitely will not get my business...thanks for the heads up!

Blue Skies!

Looking to buy a new jumpsuit. Anybody have any experience with Icarus airwair of South Africa

I ordered one FF suit and one Team Suit from Icarus Air Wear in January. I got some modifications for free (slider holder, double arm grips). They fit perfectly and the quality is very good. Delivery time was a couple of weeks late but otherwise I have no complaints whatsoever.