ShaggyFord

Printer

If anyone wants prints i send the files to shutterbug and let them drop ship them to the student .
I dont even print any more i make more money by just burning the disk for students .I rarely even show them to them unless i suspect i might not sell to them ,then i'll whip em out on the screen ! But i always manage to sell em the disk before hand ,ya just gotta know how to swoon them ! Brag about your work so to speak ,i get alot of other help to from my other staff and just people sitting around in general.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Just curious... How much are you charging them for the disk? How about prints? I just bought a 300D and a Roadstor and an Epson R300 for this season and I'm trying to figure out how much to charge for the prints and CD's.. I'll be the only one doing digital stills at our dz. The film guys charge $25 on top of the video price. Think I can get more than that for digital?

I charge $35.00 for the disk and i have NO PROBLEMS selling them either ! It takes ajust a bit longer but its well worth it . Prints i sell 8 x 10 for 18.00
You say you bought a roadstor ? Is that 1 of the stand alone portable burners for compact flash cards ? How much and where did ya buy it from ?

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

You say you bought a roadstor ? Is that 1 of the stand alone portable burners for compact flash cards ? How much and where did ya buy it from ?

Yup, You just throw in your CF card and a blank CD. No computer needed. It's pretty slick. It takes about 5 or 6 minutes to burn a cd with 40 jpegs at 2-3Meg each.

Do people often buy prints and cds, or is it usually one or the other?

Usally just the disk .This is why i dont print unless im at a boogie or something where the stills might be valuable to more people on the dive .Then i wil print and not sell the files ,or if i do sell files i sell them individually ..

re: roadstor...........

sounds very interesting.. Will it accept ONLY Compact Flash cards??? or is it equipped to accept
others??? I use sony memory sticks,,, the 256 size will hold 70 or 80 pics at 2mb each Is the roadstor designed so that it takes mem stick??.. How about any other details??? thanks jmy o[:-)

For quick 4X6 prints a have an Epson PictureMate that goes with me everywhere. It produces digital prints that look just like silver in under a minute. Takes cards or direct connect to the computer AND it so small it fits in a camera bag. Epson sells the paper and ink together and each print costs around $0.26.

For larger prints...Epson 2200. Up to 13X19 and will take a REAL thick paper stock if you feed it one sheet a a time.

$.02

chuck
Canis meus id comedit

Looks like somebody has way too much (money) and time on there hands !!!!! :) LOL! Very nice toys ,wish i had the printer ,ive thought mof buying one but its easyer to send it of to the labs online. I have a kodak 8500 dye sub and an epson 2000 .but i rarly use them anymore .Only at boogies and stuff .