piisfish

Actual price of a Canon 300d

watch a place like techbargains.com

B&H is selling it with the 18-55 kit for 870 to represent the respectable end. On a good coupon combo Dell will sell for lower 800s, but you would want to arrange to ship to a friend in advance, as they can be flaky on delivery timing.

$100 rebate is out there as well right now.

20D prices have gotten down as low as 1300 or so. Makes me wish I had a real need and just not a toy lust.

B&H is selling it with the 18-55 kit for 870 to represent the respectable end. On a good coupon combo Dell will sell for lower 800s, but you would want to arrange to ship to a friend in advance, as they can be flaky on delivery timing.

If you have a friend in the military you can pick up a 300d with that kit for $749, no tax and no shipping charge. Aafes.com is for military only and has good deals here and there.

20D prices have gotten down as low as 1300 or so. Makes me wish I had a real need and just not a toy lust.

Same place has the 10D (body only) for $1199 and the 20D with the same 18-55mm as the 300D for $1499.

Edit to add: They also have the Nikon D70 with an 18-70mm for $1199.

Hope this helps...
Miami

Be aware that the camera may not come with an international warranty. If it doesn't, your retailer will attempt to sell you a third-party warranty (such as that offered by Mack Camera).

To make a claim on one of these warranties you usually have to a) get a quote from an authorised service centre, b) send that quote to your warranty provider, and c) upon approval, get your camera repaired. Understandably, this slows down your repair time. Your call on whether that's a big enough issue to offset the price difference.