melushell

Cyclopscam a revolution in Action Photography?

I saw the other day on the clasiffieds this announcement
"L@@K HelmetCams L@@K "
so...........

-a mini cam that is a few times lighter and smaller than the standard skydiving mountings
- you can record ten times more and don't have to worry about tape
- the format is already digital wich means it won't require capture (for people that use a digital editing method)
-Price :) (actually here comes the bug, on DZ.com the price for the setup is 299 CAD (250 $ / 193 Euro ) wich was an WOW for me B|

but i went on their website and it looks like this is just the camera without the recording device (HDD)
the HDD comes at a 599CND (505 $ /387 Euro)

or i got it wrong :S

honestly i think this will make a revolution in action photography and i am really interested in purchasing one

i am darn courious how this setup will evolve and if it will be integrated by the skydiving comunity

I can't offer anything on these other than the fact that they've been kicking arround on e-bay for ages. This is the first time I've seen a website on them though.

It's interesting to note what they charge for a cameye:

CamEye SPORT LANC remote connection cord $109CND $79US

If they have that kind of markup on the simple cameye I wonder what they're making on the rest of their gear.

[edit] - thought - why doesn't someone invite them to the nearest DZ to do an expose' or to whatever AGM/manufactueres fair thing you have in the states?

[edit] - thought - why doesn't someone invite them to the nearest DZ to do an expose' or to whatever AGM/manufactueres fair thing you have in the states?

i think also thiss will be the best way to show "what they got"

i will try to send them an email and suggesting this

...tough i am in europe so is kinnda shitty because the have the HQ in Ontario

time will say...........

have you seen this model on ebay or somewhere else before???

They're on e-bay now: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21165&item=3853452413&rd=1

Whilst they've changed the format of the page slightly, it's definately the same product they were selling a year ago. I suspect they've revamped their marketing with the "cyclopscam" logo and launched a new website after growing their buisness over the last year.

The items themselves have been on ebay for at least a year now though as I remember them coming up on searches back when I was looking for a Sony PC camera. As I said though, I can't offer any further info as I've never actually seen one of these units.

I think it is unlikely an HDD would withstand opening shock repeatedly.

More importantly, most HDDs will fail at high altitude because of the low air-preasure. HDD's made in the last few years depend on a "cusion of air" to keep the heads from impacting the disk surface. These don't work so well at high altitude.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

> · a mini cam that is a few times lighter and smaller than the standard skydiving mountings...
Please, have a look at the reply I posted on the thread "Bullet Cam..where to buy".
I am really hapy with my bullet camera, very high definition indeed, but I would stick, as videorecorder, to a Sony videocamera (instead of going towards un unlikely digital video recorder...).
Just my 0.02€
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com