blueshrew

Z1 Evo. Anyone seen or tried one?

Has anyone seen or tried the new Z1 Evo (I'm not sure if it's on the market yet)? I was considering getting one, but at the shop a girl told me that the last model they made for ff was really bad, and the straps broke off easily.
So if anyone has had one in their hands, I'd really appreciate some info on what the quality and durability could be.

Just got my first shipment of them and I think they are outstanding. Comfortable, and stylish. About as good protection as anything else out there. Very nice finish, my only compaint is the mini seat belt type buckle on the chin strap. Over kill if you ask me, but functional. PM me if you have any more questions...
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Has anyone seen or tried the new Z1 Evo (I'm not sure if it's on the market yet)? I was considering getting one, but at the shop a girl told me that the last model they made for ff was really bad, and the straps broke off easily.
So if anyone has had one in their hands, I'd really appreciate some info on what the quality and durability could be.

The shop near our DZ sells them, see the yellow helmet here: http://www.parachutecase.nl/theshop/artikel/helmen/index.html
or here: http://www.parachutecase.nl/nieuwsbrief/index.html

For the manufacturer see here: http://www.parasportitalia.com/EN/headwear.htm

A couple of newer jumpers have bought them for freefly (they're way cheaper then say Bonehead), also at least 2 experienced jumpers here have them: http://www.proton.org/~dragon2/chutes22/pics/IMG_7172.JPG.

Also saw one that was to be used as a camera helmet (top mounted), n-i-c-e.

They're a bit flexible, not like Bonehead, which I'm not sure I like. But they're cheap, take a dytter, come in a bunch of colors, and you can side or topmount camera's to them. I likes!

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I have demo'd a Z1.

I am partial to the old bone head but it wasn't bad. The fit was similar to the helmets you see on Space balls, and it was comfortable. The chin strap is similar to Bone Heads newest design too. I would prefer the fast clip instead of the new locking thingama gig...
It is light and feels like its made of rubber. There are two pockets inside easily accessible for the audible's...In the end it will be your personal preference. But personally I like the old style Bone head....

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

Hi Erno,

I bought one in April and have over 100 jumps with it... It fits a bit tight but not too bad( should have gotten the next size larger). The two pockets for ProTrack built in are nice.. but again with the fit a bit too tight on mine on the ears with both audibles in...
The chin strap I sewed down with waxed riggers line when I got the fit I wanted.. and have had no further issues with it loosening up. The Price was good and I saw an ad from one gear shop at $114 US. I have plenty of scratches on the top of it due to banging head on the airplane.... ok so I am tall and the wings of Cessnas are too low;). I guess its better than bangin my head on the airplane. The protection on my face is nill... Doing big way combat RW exits at Lost Prairie got me a bloody fat lip.. and a nose bleed in freefall... but NO open face helmet would have prevented that. I have done some head down look at the ground and go REALLY fast.. 253MPH top speed so far.... and the helmet stayed on.. altho I think that is getting close to the design limits of the chin strap of the helmet to hold it on my head.... and the goggles I wear are getting wind under them at the edges. I will keep this one for doing most jumps but I am buying a Bonehead Havok for doing anymore Speed skydiving.. or RW jumps. I jumped one of those at LP on one dive and the release KICKS ASS... far better than the little button on the Z-1 Full face.

Amazon

Hey Blueshrew,

I'm a newbie but as far as i'm concerned the Z1 Evo rocks! I bought mine online cos we can't get 'em here yet (i live in South Africa ) and have really enjoyed jumping it.

It fits well, is nice and quiet and looks good (and we all know how important that is ;)) plus the dytter pockets are in exactly the right place.

blue ones

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I have one.. got it free... B| won it at the lottery at Empuria christmas boogie... and I use it as my VDO helmet. The shell is quite small (has space inside... but the look is like it shrinked and covers only half of your head... it is also not very rigid (seems less than a gath) but I still like it...
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579