oiseau60

D-Box for new Sony HC20-30-40???

I'm pretty sure TRV boxes will not work.
HC series camcorders may be split into some categories: TRV-style design (HC-14, HC-15, 30 mm lens), PC-style (HC-20, 30, 40, 25 mm lens) and HC-65/85 (37mm lens thread).

HC-14/15 are just a renamed TRV-19 so TRV-style D-Box will fit.

HC-20/30/40 are completely different. They are only 10 mm longer than a PC-105, with wide angle lens a bit shorter. Haven't tried it yet, but it seems like PC-style D-box may fit.

HC series camcorders may be split into some categories: TRV-style design (HC-14, HC-15, 30 mm lens), PC-style (HC-20, 30, 40, 25 mm lens) and HC-65/85 (37mm lens thread).

HC-20/30/40 are completely different. They are only 10 mm longer than a PC-105, with wide angle lens a bit shorter. Haven't tried it yet, but it seems like PC-style D-box may fit.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but HC40 and PC109 have almost identical "front" dimensions, but HC40 is about an inch deeper.
Kevin is picking up my new HC40 this afternoon.
I am so excited!
It will fit easily into my old-school Bonehead full box helmet - along with sandwiches and a six pack of beer. However my HC40 will spend most of its life in a hand mount.
Did I tell you how excited I am about my new HC40?
Sure hope Max Cohn has put that 37mm to 25mm stepper ring in the mail.

There are 3 styles of Bonehead TRV(HC) boxes currently in production.

1 is for the longer traditional style TRV cameras.

1 is for the TRV 70 only.

1 is for the shorter (length), taller style TRV's.

If just the designatior (HC vs. TRV) has changed but the general shape of the bodies hasn't then the boxes should still work well.

more info here: http://www.boneheadcomposites.com/cammount.htm
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I have a new HC30E that I am real stoked about. Cant wait to jump it, only thing is can I get a 25mm - 37mm step ring in Germany, can i feck.

Any ideas guys???

Buzz

BTW I picked up my HC30E €668 ($557/£445) is that a good price or what.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

I have a new HC30E that I am real stoked about. Cant wait to jump it, only thing is can I get a 25mm - 37mm step ring in Germany, can i feck.

Any ideas guys???

Buzz

BTW I picked up my HC30E €668 ($557/£445) is that a good price or what.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For a 37mm to 25mm stepper ring, call Max Cohn at www.generationfreefly.com

Picked up my new HC40 yesterday.
Now I am reading the manual and figuring out al the various switches ... far more than I need.
Wondering which switches to gaffer tape.
For example, how often will I use the "easy" switch? Would I be wiser to tape it?
Since this camera will spend most of its life in a padded nylon hand-mount, I am wondering how often I will accidentally switch it to "Easy."

The only real difference in the HC 20-30-40 and the TRV 19-22-33 series is the width. The HC is according to the specs 21mm more narrow than the TRV-19-22-33 series.

The sizes TRV 19-22-33
H 90mm, , W 71mm, D 112mm

HC 20,30,40
H 86mm, W 50mm, D 112mm
I got this data off some spec sheets from different resellers.

In conclusion, I'm sure the TRV-19 Dbox will work.

We are contemplating making a Blackbox for the HC series.
Cookiecomposites models our boxes of the camera it'self so here is where my problems lie.
The HC40 looks as though the center of the lens is 3-5mm higher than the HC20.
We found that the PC109 lens is 3.5mm higher than the PC108 and now have varying Blackboxes to suit each.
Because there are fine tolerances in our Blackboxes small variences can make a camera fit correctly or not.
I personally would like to make Blackboxes for all styles but unfortunately tooling cost versus sales becomes a issue.

Once we get our hands on all the models we will make a decision about design. I think a topmount Blackbox that can also be sidemounted are my thoughts.

A question for the HC20 owner's. What stopped you from buying the HC40 was it price or un-necessary features in the HC40?

Cookie
www.cookiecomposites.com

I have mine mounted with a L-plate on a Bonehead Optik, Eye Cam II etc. I've got 'soft cover' made for it but would really like it enclosed...so if ANYONE comes up with a working D-box for the HC20 please, please, please pm me with the details and costs etc.
Besides that.. I love the size and useability of it :)
"Africa is not for sissies"

Picked up my new HC40 yesterday.
Now I am reading the manual and figuring out al the various switches ... far more than I need.
Wondering which switches to gaffer tape.
For example, how often will I use the "easy" switch? Would I be wiser to tape it?
Since this camera will spend most of its life in a padded nylon hand-mount, I am wondering how often I will accidentally switch it to "Easy."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Answer to my own question: yesterday I did two jumps with the "EASY" function OFF and two jumps with the "EASY" function ON.
ON made for far better colour and contrast.
My next move is to cut a hole in my hand mount so I can turn the EASY function ON while on jump run.

Well,
Just got my hands on a HC40 in white. Very nice camera. The HC40's lens is 4mm higher than the HC20
I have tried our new LIQUID 3 and 5 on it and it runs great.
So, we will have a Blackbox HC20,30,40 for it in aproximately 4 weeks if things go to plan.

Cookie

So, we will have a Blackbox HC20,30,40 for it in aproximately 4 weeks if things go to plan.

When you do have the box ready, please, please, please drop me aline with prices and shipping options etc. I'm really wanting one and my own handy work is not to be desired :S
"Africa is not for sissies"

Hi

does anybody now if someone is offering a D-Box for the new Sony HC20-30-40?

Bonehead will have one by the second week in Sept.;)

thanks

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Have one and am very happy with it. It is specific for the 20, 30 or 40. Traveling for work this week but will get a picture later to post.....

Only issue is that you cant put a bigger battery on the camera in the box. Another thread is talking about that now.....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"