AndyMan

Mack waranty

Anybody have any experiences with Mack waranty's?

I'm going to send in my pc120 for some minor issues, I'm wondering how good their turnaround time is. Do they get the cameras back to you quickly?

Mack - good or bad?

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I have the Mack warranty on my PC100. I've never used it, but let me know what you find out. Unfortunately I forgot I had the warranty and turned mine into Soundtrack to have a repair done. Oh well, the warranty is good for another year.
David

"Socrates wasn't killed because he had the answer.......he was killed because he asked the question."

Mack is a 3rd party waranty service sold by some of the online retailers. I paid an extra $200 on my PC-120 for an "extended" waranty. If it works out, it'll save me the $200 that a standard Sony "waranty" repair costs.

_Am
__

B&H claims you get your heads cleaned once a year, if you remember to send your camera in. Thats with the Pro cameras, don't know about consumer

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

only had one experience with Mack, they refused to fix the camera, said it was damaged by me. (it was not). Said they had final say on what was warranty and what was not. I was not a happy customer.

Extended warranties are at best a scam if you read up on the reports for consumer org's etc. - very few are worth it. put the money int he bank and use it to repair whatever breaks.

To answer my own question, I would characterise my experience with Mack to be negative, and would not recomend it. My complaint is simple - turnaround time. I was without my camera for 8 weeks, and all they did was replace my motherboard. It was over 3 weeks before then even inspected it, and even once it was fixed it was in "prrocessing" for another two weeks before they'd send it back to me.

I would've gladly paid the $250 sony repair bill for quicker time. I will not be buying the Mack waranty on my next purchase.

_Am
__

Just a report back on my Mack Warranty. I purchased my PC120 in the summer of 2003 and never bothered even to register my Mack Warranty online until my camera broke. Nonetheless, I registered it last month, sent it in, and received my camera back today with a replaced CCD. Camera works beautifully!

I highly recommend the Mack Warranty.B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

No Stratostar.....YOUR experience with Mack sucked ass. Others have very different experiences such as Katie, others and myself for that matter.

I have had to send in my Canon Digi Rebel twice now, and both times it was fixed promptly at no charge to me. Would I reccomend the Mack warranty? Based on my experience, yes, but there might be other 3rd party warranty companies that have a higher customer recommendation. I would Epinion or consumerreport it to find out for yourself.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Hey good for both you and Katie for not getting bent over by them, however the same shit they pulled on TK (see his post a few above) they pulled on me.
As far as ever wasting any of my money with them again forget it, I stand by what I said
MACK SUCKS ASS!
I would never tell anyone to waste their money and time with mack!
You may have had it fixed twice, fine, but maybe the next time you'll get bent over and you may change your tune.

I will also stand by what I said about the ESP from ritz camera, it's far beyond anything mack has to offer and one of, if not the best warranty you can buy hands down.

My 10d bounced from 3.5, picked up what was left of it and put it in a plastic bag took it to store, walked out with brand new 20d with nothing out of pocket and no questions asked, let see mack do that!
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

The difference between the two warranties, is that you have to pay out the ass for a camera at Ritz to get that warranty. You cant get the ESP without buying their overpriced camera. Mack is 3rd party, offered to many many distributors, and ESP is a single store specific. There is a difference.

Well for one I didn't "pay out the ass" I got a very good price on my 10d, yes I spent 400 for the ESP
and it was worth evey penny, unlike the 200 or so I spent on a worthless mack.

Hey if your happy with the mack service good for you.
I stand by my statements.
And I will never have ANYTHING good to say about their service and will always tell anyone who asks to stay away from them.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Rebel XTi:
BH Photo 799
Ritz 899

30D
BH Photo 1049
Ritz 1299

EOS 1D Mark II
BH Photo 3459
Ritz 4000 (with double rebates!)

All comparisons are equivalent, (body-body) (with lens-with lens).

When paying from $100 to $600 more for the same camera, and more for the warranty....they BETTER hand over a new camera with no questions asked.