Chivo

Where's your CamEye button installed?

I know it depends on the helmet, but I'm curious about where is the best location both for accessibility and safety. I'm prolly going to get the FFX. Is there a standard location for the CamEye?

What helmet do you use and where is the CamEye button located?

Is that a good place? Have you had any problems with it?

~Chivo

I know it depends on the helmet, but I'm curious about where is the best location both for accessibility and safety. I'm prolly going to get the FFX. Is there a standard location for the CamEye?

What helmet do you use and where is the CamEye button located?

Is that a good place? Have you had any problems with it?

~Chivo

From what I've heard have 2k install the cam eye for you. They are supposed to do a good job with it and it's very much recessed.

I'm right handed and since 90% of all my jumps include climbing out on the camera step, I usually have my left hand on the floater bar in the door as I'm waiting for the spot.

So, for me, the most logical place for the CamEye was the front right-hand side on the top of the platform on my BatRak. Easy to find by feel. Out of the way of the rest of my gear. It's Gaff-taped on, because I assume it's going to fail at some point and I want to be able to replace it on a 10 minute call.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yeah, I don't use mine much. It's easier to turn my camera on with my left hand through the big space in the D-box.

If I had put it in the back right corner of the platform, I'd probably use it more. I have a Hawkeye LT. Having it in the front anywhere brings your hand into frame. I don't care for that.

Mine is on the right side of my bonehead flat top, about where my temple is.

It is also there because I can operate it with my thumb whilst holding the helmet. This makes it easier to film in the aircraft on the ride up. Also easier for me to turn off under canopy.

Bryn
Journey not destination.....

Initially I had the button mounted inside the front of my FTP, with the switch sticking through the hole for the front L Bracket. (Edited to add pic)

I found that on the ride to alt the swelling of the thermo fit pads would cause it to short.

I have settled with leaving the switch inside and operating the camera itself.

With the PC8 top mounted its very easy to get to especially under canopy, with my hands in the toggles.

Buzz

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Cam Eye Switch.jpg

Thanks for everybody's answers. I also heard that they do a neat job installing the CamEye, but I don't know where they leave the button on the helmet. Anybody knows?

Or if it is possible (due to length) to put it on the other side of the helmet (close to the audible pockets)?

Edit: Remember that this is a SIDE-mounted cam helmet.

~Chivo

I opened a hole big enough to fit the top part of the cam eye in the back part to the right side of the tide system, then I took off the material in my pading inside the helmet just around the cam eye, all cables are out sight. my helmet is an N vertigo, you probably need more time with your helmet cuz is a really hard material.;)

http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

What a neat gadget - the light has saved me from the 'camera switch off on climb out' scenario already! I have my button below and slightly behind my right ear. My camera is in a pouch on the right side of my Gath and I put the switch next to where the zipper that closes the pouch is. I know where to find the switch because I am used to checking the zip is done up with the helmet is on and the switch gets some protection from the pouch.

Interesting thread - I am having a Bonehead Flatop rigged up was wondering where to put that switch ......