SkydiveMonkey

Slightly wet protrack ....

That sucks! Send a message to Larsen & Brusgeerd as they might have a suggestion for you. They have outstanding customer service and might be able to help. Worth a shot at least!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I guess this is too late for you now , but I have heard that if you drop a cell phone into water, you should keep it in water (i.e. in a glass of water) untill you bring it to the dealer/service...

This is to prevent the electrical circuits from getting oxidized so fast.

I have heard that if you drop a cell phone into water, you should keep it in water (i.e. in a glass of water) untill you bring it to the dealer/service...

:D:D:DI started laughing whe I read this!! Just 2 weeks ago I dropped my cell phone in the water. Ummm, the toilet...umm, at a bar! :o:S>:( Yes, I was in the midst of relieving my bladder and yes, I fished it out. It obviously didn't turn on. Next day I put it in a 50 degree C (drying)oven at work and 4 hours later it was fine.

Needless to say, however, I've since upgraded phones...the thought of putting my mouth near it was quite a deterrant.[:/]

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

yea a couple of days ago sulking from the bad weather I accidentially dropped my cell in the beer I was drinking.. I didnt fish it out.. I was in such morning from the lack of jumping that I just drank the beer as usuall until I could reach it out of the pint glass..[:/]

Mine was in the front pouch pocket of my sweatshirt. As I reached up to unzip, my hand hit the pocket and it flew out. Just like slow motion I watched it with no chance of catching it. I fished it out and ran it under water.

The next day I turned it on and it scrolled through the phone book and randomly called a friend of mine. I shut it off and 2 days later It worked fine. 2 months later it started to act up so it was replaced.

You'd think I'd learn. Well the second time it was my work phone. Same Sweat shirt Same Toilet...

It was a goner immeadiatley.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Yet again another example of the OUTSTANDING service that L & B give. I needed something from them and within a week it was sent to me at N/C. I will always try and jump their product! Besides the service the product is very good!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I did exactly the same with my Pro-track and it now works absolutely fine. It was on at the time as well and I'll never forget the whaling noise it was making when I opened the door. Incidentally, it recorded 3 skydives which, had they been real, I would have got a severe grounding for!

Remove the batteries and discard. Rinse for a long while under running water to remove all the soap suds. Leave the battery cover off and dry for a week on absorbent paper, probably two weeks to be safe. A fresh set of batteries and its ready to go.

Of course, you could post it to L&B but there's surely some point at which they will have to stop such an excellent service.

I left mine under a lamp overnight to dry and now the thing works fine. I even managed to re-sync it with jump track. I wanted to do that as soon as I could just in case this was its "dying gasp".

I am going to see if I can locate some distilled water or some other sort of electronic cleaner today so I can clean it properly.

The batteries are the ones that I only bought about 2 weeks ago and went through the washer... Not bad, but the plan all along was to get new batteries.