base698

Drilling boneheads

Take it off the helmet and put it in a zip lock bag... the CF dust can kill it. Also for best results in drilling... use the highest RPM drill or drumel tool you can find... the higher RPMs make the hole cleaner and make it less likely to splinter.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Oh, I thought this was a thread about sex with stupid people.

Seriously, the carbon fibers conduct electricity and they are hellaciously small. So if they get into the electronics they can FUBAR your camera.

Remove your camera from the Dbox, helmet, and remove the camera from the area you are going to drill the helmet. Run a vacuum next to your drill, if you can, and wear a paper mask, like Cornholio uses to pack a parachute.

Once that stuff is delaminated it's way bigger, and it gets everywhere. So, when you're drilling or cutting move electronics to another room, and run a vacuum next to the drill or cut.

My wife got me a Diamond .3 for my birthday, and I've got to cut the box down so it doesn't show in frame. I will do everything I've advised you to do other than I won't wear a mask. But I should.

Measure twice, cut once.:)

Hey, I've always used a very high speed to do the cutting (don't breathe in), and laviously covered with many layers of clear nail polish. Also, every once in a while, I recover the nail polish.

Blue ones, Curt
http://www.curtisglennphotography.com