airdrew20012001

Personal record for tandem vids shot in one day?

12...Jan 19, 2002...Tired? Hell yeah!!! As a matter of fact, the next morning was really bad...Hard landing, did I say hard? Broken femur along with more! Blood clot, enlarged heart, etc. Ouch!! LOL What does this have to do with your question? absolutely nothing! The date just just reminded me of that next "Bad" day! LOL Not that I need reminded.
“…and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return…” Leonardo Da Vinci.
Dino

My best weekend was 6videos and three AFF'S on saturday, then 8 videos and 2 AFF's on sunday...
(the DZO had an opening for a video/AFF guy after Dino had his "bad landing)
talk about a lame excuses to stop jumping.....
"my reserve is out of date"
"its too windy"
"i broke my femur.."
you gotta do better than that bro.....
Yuk yuk.....
I missed you this weekend brother!
DAMN THATS STILL A LONG RIDE !!!!

Hell yeah it's a long ride! 450 miles to skidive and make money. Worth every minute of it! Maybe this weekend brother!
“…and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return…” Leonardo Da Vinci.
Dino

Yup, I used to have stock bits, titles leader footage etc, on one tape and the tandem on another, then crash edit them together on the airfield.
I used packers though.....
I'm now at the stage that everything I use is battery powered so I can even do the editing in the boot (trunk?) of my car.....
The really good tandem guys have a set sequence of shots, almost like story board, and do most of the edit 'in camera' . Also you know what you want before you switch the camera on, this saves a whole heap of time editing later on......
I would class Josh --JDHill-- (who posts here pretty regularly)as one of the most efficient video jockeys I've seen for for a while......But he has a nice wee girl to cut the footage for him.
The video factory at Spaceland where we jump is very efficient, I've never seen a tandem passenger have to wait more than an hour or so for their tape, even on very busy days.....
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

18 paid camera jumps is my personal best. On a busy summer day here at X-Keys, with 200+ tandems scheduled, 15-20 jumps per videographer is not unusual. You simply have to be in good physical shape and be willing to work hard all day. We shoot the video to edit, so that everything we record will be in the final product. That way, we can simply run a real time edit through the editing board, and have a complete, edited video in about 7 minutes.

A 7 minute Tandem video? Thats it? The average at our DZ is about 12 minutes and they are getting closer to 15. A 20 minute video is not unheard of either.
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

Yes but I do have someone pack for me. I film every thing in the order that it will be played and I have a stock intro tape. I do show the freefall twice. Once with some slow motion and once in full speed. It makes about a 10-12 minute video and I can edit it in 15 minutes.
William

I think the 7 minutes refers to the particular 'personal' section, that time can easily be doubled or tripled by use of standard, or 'leader sections'....plus the judicious use of slomo....
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

Phree,
After years of experimenting, the video staff here has found that a video in the 5-7 minute range works the best. In the era of MTV and VH1, people get used to short, action-filled videos. I have found that longer videos simply seem to drag on. If you fill a video with a lot of the training, gear-up, and a long conversation with the student before getting to the actual skydive, most people will simply fast-forward through all of that while showing it to their friends and family. When shooting a video, we think about every shot ahead of time, before printing it to tape. We include everything that the student is going to want to see without letting the video drag on with extraneous material. In my opinion, the videos that are produced at X-Keys are the best videos out there. We have the best group of camera-flyers in the world, with a lot of the full-time videographers making 1000+ jumps a year. I feel lucky, every day, to be a part of this terrific group.

Paul,
You guys definitely rock, up there in X-Keys. My best in one day is 14, all dubbed and delivered but one. She had to catch an airline flight. We are still trying to beat Tim Hanrahan's record here in San Marcos of I think it was either 16 or 18. Tim came back down for the winter and showed me his log book. Something along the lines of like 20 jumps in a day. Everything from tandem vid to AFF to tandem instructor.
Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it.
Tell Tim to get a real job.
Bryan
GR#2