tomjenkins

2009 A big year for Spaceland.

Did Spaceland not bid on the CP nationals?

Sorry, the 2009 CP events will also be at Spaceland.
Here is the USPA notice;
"Skydive Spaceland in Rosharon, Texas, won the bid to host the 2009 U.S. National Skydiving Championships to include canopy piloting; they also won the bid to host the 2009 National Collegiate Championships."

Tom forgot to also mention that Spaceland will be hosting a November 1-2, 2007 Big Way Camp for beginning big way jumpers and experienced jumpers who want to brush up on their big way skills.

Captains will be Tom Jenkins, Kate Cooper, Larry Henderson, Scott Elemer and Jim Alkek.

14 jumps from 13k and 2 jumps with oxygen from 15k. Slots are limited to Spacelands lift capacity with jumps 20-way/40-way multi-plane formations.

If you ever wanted to try big ways or need to brush up those skills, this is the camp for you.

Spaceland will also host a November 3-4, 2007 Big Way Sequential Invitational for experienced jumpers.

Captains will be Tom Jenkins, Kate Cooper, Larry Henderson, Scott Elmer and Jim Alkek.

14 jumps with oxygen from 18k.

New big way jumpers who do well during the camp may be invited to particpate in the Invitational, but a slot is not guaranteed to all camp participants.

Formations will be challenging and will include may out-facing slots.

Registration will open shortly on http://www.bigways.com .

Blue skies,

Jim

and 2 jumps with oxygen from 15k.

I just noticed this. I've done many jumps from 15K and never needed oxygen. So I'm just wondering what the deal is here? Longer jump runs or what?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I just noticed this. I've done many jumps from 15K and never needed oxygen. So I'm just wondering what the deal is here? Longer jump runs or what?

If you are taking off from anything higher then 0 ft AGL, then you are breaking the rules if you ride to 15K with no access to O2.
Remster

If you are taking off from anything higher then 0 ft AGL, then you are breaking the rules if you ride to 15K with no access to O2.

Even in a super-fast King Air from any DZs approximately 500 to 700 ft AGL?? Shoot, even I've done CRW from 15K a bunch of times. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Will the requirements to attend the camp be the same as the Kate and Tony camps in Perris?

Yes. Please note that there have been waivers to the participation requirements if recommended by one of the camp captains who has personal knowledge of the jumper's abilities.

Blue skies,

Jim

We have also jumped from 14,999 without oxy. However, one of the important topics in any big way camp is the proper use of oxygen, oxygen equipment, and the signs of hypoxia.

These will be familirization jumps for the "new" big way jumpers who have never used oxy.

During Skyfest we went to 21k twice. On one of the loads, the guy sitting across from me was holding his oxygen hose about six inches from his nose and he had been at the oxygen briefing earlier that morning. He also stood up to adjust equipment and was talking a lot.

Just the kind of person you don't want on a big way from 21/23k.

Blue skies,

Jim

Spaceland will also host a November 3-4, 2007 Big Way Sequential Invitational for experienced jumpers.

Captains will be Tom Jenkins, Kate Cooper, Larry Henderson, Scott Elmer and Jim Alkek.

14 jumps with oxygen from 18k.

Jim,

can you indicate the size you want to go for.

Thanks,
M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Registration will be limited to the maximum Spaceland lift capacity. Depending on the registration totals the formations will be 40-ways to 44-ways. (Possibly larger). Aircraft will be two Super Otters and a Grand Caravan.

quoted from this announcement
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2891444;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

This just in....

November 1-2, 2007 big way camp will be 14 jumps from 13k with 2 jumps from 15k with oxygen. 40-way formation loads. Cost is $364. Captains Tom Jenkins, Kate Cooper, Larry Henderson, Scott Elmer and Jim Alkek,

November 2-4, 2007 Sequential Invitational will be 40-way (up to 60-way) formations from 18k feet. Cost is $406. Challenging formations with Captains Tom Jenkins, Kate Cooper, Larry Henderson, Scott Elmer and Jim Alkek. This is an invitation only event.

Registration will open within the next week at http://www.bigways.com with on-line payment. Everyone registered with bigways.com will receive notice of registration.