SARLDO

IS IT ME?

Forget the "one on ones" and move on to 3, 4 or bigger

I'm going to have to disagree here. If you can't do a successful 2-way, you won't be able to do a succesful 4-way. I'm all for having fun with friends, and as long as you can maintain relative proximity, are aware of everyone's location on breakoff, and can track to a clear piece of sky in a timely fashion, go for the gusto. But I believe you will learn faster by getting feedback from a more experienced jumper on a two way than you will by flying all over the place trying to get a four-way together.

As for the advice above about bringing your arms back to promote forward motion, I would caution against this. You need to be able to both hold still and move forward with your arms in a natural, "grip-taking" position. If you have to move your arms back to move forward, you will never be able to take grips. Again, work with a more experienced jumper to improve your body position.

- Dan G

When he asks "how do I know if it is me who is unable to manuver into position of my partner continually sliding away from me?" I have to think that two or more partners will solve that. If the two can not even get into the same vacinity then the two way is garbage. I do agree about the value of a good dive though, even two way, and there should be nothing his partner can do that can not be caught...

I suppose you're overloaded with advice by now but take it with a grain of salt. Your best bet is to jump with video and a qualified coach or very experienced RW person.

Also, check out the attached article on 2-way drills I wrote for Parachutist a year and-a-half ago.

Blues!
Ed Lightle B|

I also agree about the forward movement thing. About the only time a belly flyer should bring his arms back are to dive to a spot outside the formation or to track away after breakoff.

--Ed B|

I hear what your saying. It worked for me toget me TOO the formation. Once I was there I stayed there. Now I have booties, best thing ever for me.
Brad

Thanks to all. Lots of good info here and my abilities are progressively getting better. I hope to one day jump with any and all of you and I promise to "pay it forward" when I get good enough to do so.

Blue Sky's
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68