Jimbo

For Sale: 25% OFF ICARUS CANOPIES?

So there's an ad over in the classifieds offering 25% off Icarus canopies. Isn't that pretty near the standard discount you'll get from a dealer anyway? I know Sq3 does a standard 20% and I've always thought that they were expensive.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

So there's an ad over in the classifieds offering 25% off Icarus canopies. Isn't that pretty near the standard discount you'll get from a dealer anyway? I know Sq3 does a standard 20% and I've always thought that they were expensive.

-
Jim

yup, mostly you can expect 20-25% off MSRP from most retailers....

35% off everything as a dearler..Canopies, containers Etc.. Everthing except accesories.. He is also the owner operator of Pier Ltd.... From researching When I buy gear he always has the best prices.. I have called other dealers and when they check to see if they can get gear for me they call him. LOL... Very good prices..
Local rigger at Gold Coast skydivers....and if your local he always gives finance programs which rock.. SInce I am poor.

If the dealer says the price is good, trust them, they would not take advantage of a skydiver. The skydiving equipment dealers are very crafty in the marketing department.
I also really like those selling 25-30% off coupons (won at special events). Trying to get a couple hundred dollars for a 30% off coupon, when it really only saves you 5% from most dealers' prices. Even if the coupon is 50% off, it is still only worth maybe 10% of the item value.
If you win a 25-30 off coupon, and don't want to use it, give it to a friend.
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

Yea I won a 40 % off wings container at Summerfes..but I had just bought a new Micron.. So I had a good friend do a huge favor for me and I knew he was looking to buy a new rig so I gave it to him..
SOme of those coupons you win can only be used through certain people as well.. Using dealers is always a good thing unless the coupon comes straight from the factory of the item..

Skyygod.. Yes if you call him he gives 35%off on PD canopies... I have recieved 35 % off on all 4 canopies and three containers I have bought from him..

but I seem to remember that PD was also doing a factory $100.00 rebate last year during March.

I got that PD rebate last year (I think it was January though) and it was a great deal because the rebate came directly from them, so I still got my dealer discount too. Hopefully they'll do again!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon