scargill

ESL - Euro Skydive league finals

So Guys, all very exciting - its the ESL finals this weekend (Spa, Belgium)!

As usual there is quite a large GB presence - good luck to all of the GB teams - especially the Dido's....and of course Polaris!

So Team GB for the Sprit this year then guys.....what do you think.....?!

Praying for blue skies (and calm seas on Thurs morn for the trip over lol!)

x

UK 8 teams [only 1 in AAA]; 11 Dutch; 11 Belgian [though none in AA]. Strongest AAA field ever at the ESL.

From the UK Nationals : We are missing the top three teams in novice; there's some real class in Europe in A [and it's NOT just British]; we are missing the top team in AA, and while Fusion are much loved especially at the ESL [they pretty much started all UK involvement at Spa afterall] we are missing both world meet teams [and more besides] in AAA. :S

Perhaps the bookies money is elsewhere?

That all said it's my absolute favourite competition of the year. let's make sure we win the drinking competition. :D It'll be great to see Fusion and the 'Dido's back in Spa, along with all our old friends in Euroworld from last year.

Dru
[Damn Zebra]

cheers honey! love to all the Polarians too ;)

It should be a cracking weekend despite having to give last years trophy back. sob.

Anybody know how many teams are taking part?
And how many planes will be there?

Bri
Escondido
Current European Skydiving League Final Gold Medallist
(Damn, I still get a kick out of saying that)

Anybody know how many teams are taking part?

Did you guys get the email from Willie?

I love the part about how they'll call it on 4 rounds if need be to get the drinking in!

AAA
BE Spa Hayabusa
BE NMPV
NL Punky Fish
FR Noene Mandelieu
NL Infinity
BE Spa Donut Bad
NL Pulse
BE Spa Donut Good
CZ Bad Boys
UK Fusion

AA
UK Damn Zebra
UK Verticaly Challenged
UK Polaris
NL Daltons
NL NRG

A
NL Mind your Step
UK Wingnutz
UK Escondido
BE Spa Excess
CH Groupo Sportivo
BE Spa Matrix
BE Red Peppers
NL A.I.R.
NL Pioschop
GER Timber
NL Tiramisu
BE ASAP

Rookies
UK Phobia
UK Murphy's Law
NL Whooops
BE Spa Take Off
NL Zwabber
CH Barophobia
BE Lozd
BE Das dan Clair
CH ????

Yeah, but you guys are the only coaches that Team GB has supporting 8 4-w teams. B|

Still think we might have a shot at the Spirit this year even if in theory Belgium and GB will be sharing what the Dutch leave behind. There will big individual performances from other nations, but probably the Spirit will go to Nations with large teams of teams. See y'all in Spa tomorrow.

Great to see new faces in Team GB too by the way!

Dru

Some UK focused results via SMS from Dazzle who is on Wingnutz:

Wingnutz winning by 7 after 6 rounds [A class]. 4 rounds to go tomorrow. Escondido are 3rd. Phobia wininng rookie. Damn zebra are 3rd in AA
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Another fab comp in Spa. Credit to WIlly Boeykins [again]. Sad for Belgium who announced the break up of Hyabussa and NMPV. Rumours are that Hyabussa will re-form with a different line up.

Great to see French representation from the impossible-to-miss "Noene". Spread the message, it would be great to see more of the French next season.

Great fight for the "Spirit" from the Dutch (and I think the UK), but well done to the winners Belgium.

Pity dates clashed with Germany, "Timber" came anyway, lets hope the Germans are back in strength next year. To everyone else, the Czechs, Swiss - it all makes for a great competition.

2 new European Champions in the UK: Novice: Phobia and "A": Wingnuts. GREAT JOB!

Dru

ps a BIG thanks to Rez and the packing crew.

Great comp guys, I'm hoping we can fit Spa into our plans for next year.

Big up's to...
-Willy and the crew for hosting the event - cracking. (have we got dates for next year yet?)
-Phobia - you guys only came 4th at the Brit nationals? Man I'm glad I was in A this year. Superb job, real smooth. (especially considering your jump numbers). Alan - great vidwork on Rd9 (I thought you were a gonna do a solo jump when you fell off the camera step and were clinging on with your hands only). Awesome footage.
-Murphy's Law - Another 10 point average comp, you guys have really clicked and it's amazing to watch.
-Wingnutz - basta, oops, I mean... good job guys (I'm not jealous), kept the trophy in the UK for another year, that's 3 years in a row now for the UK in A (Optic 04, Helix 05). See you at Cark? ;)
-Polaris - sorry this was your last comp as an official team, you guys have been much fun to train and compete with/against over the past 2 years. Mike - sorry we couldn't find your canopy but I'm v glad your freebag, ahem, fell out of that tree.
-Damn Zebra - I think you guys won the popular choice for AA, too bad AAA teams were allowed to compete at AA, it kinda sucks. Congrats on your bronze.
-Vertically Challenged - nice comp guys, you are so smooth I'm jealous. (ps stand up!)
-Fusion - och aye the noo, ahm from bonny Scotland too, can ah hav a jacket? (all the best teams have a 'dido in). Thanks for supporting the event and the encourage you all give to the less experienced teams, lets hope we can persuade more AAA teams in the future to come too. Airkix? Rage? Boogie Pimps? Airbrix? etc
-Optic - for starting the whole darn thing in the UK
-The BPA for our Team GB tshirts - it really promotes great spirit amongst the UK camp and much jealousy amongst the other nations.
-Hayabusa - wow I never thought seeing 5 guys swooping in and getting dowsed in water could be so emotional, you're an inspiration to many and I hope you're competing at the top level again soon.
-Mind your Step - great last two rounds guys, you deserved Bronze, well done.
-Whoops, Tiramisu, Excess, Punkyfish, Badboys, Daltons and everyone else who competed - this is an excellent competition which is taken in the true friendly spirit it is intended, let's hope we have an even bigger take up next year from even more countries.

Simply put, I love you all!
mwah!

blue 'uns
Bri
www.escondido.moonfruit.co.uk

yeah what Bri said!

You are all great. Especially Willy...I would start singing again but he might hit me...or buy me more beer...Cracking job mate! Once again my favourite competition of the year with some awesome skydiving on show. See you again next year!

Big shame about Hayabusa and NMPV...I could be available if needed...Gimme a call lads ;)

And whatever anyone else says...I didn't do it...It's not on video. You can't prove it.

Guy
Escondido

and Brian is rubbish...its escondido.moonfruit.com

Another team that should be mentioned - NRG from the Netherlands. Stepped up from "A" to compete in "AA" and came oh so close to the medals. These guys would easily have medaled at the UK Nats in "AA". It's got to be tough for them going up when others came down, They just had to have medaled if they had stayed in "A". NRG - you guys rock!

Anywayz - great meet, great to see team GB up there. I'm sure we won the drinking, wasn't it a vertically challenged person last to be thrown out of the bar?

Dru