GQ_jumper

It's almost time....World Meet 2006, who's it gonna be?

On a lighter note the camera guy for Team Paraclete had a malfunction today. Nothing crazy, just lines twists however he has just purchased an HD video camera so it may be the first HD captured cut-away! He should have it posted wherever you are supposed to post that sort of thing shortly.

I kicked the wrong way - idiot. I love lamp.

Matt

I just went and looked at the draw for the Russian nats, and that draw had nothing but fast written all over it, I'd be curious to see Fire and Sinapsi do that same draw.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I just went and looked at the draw for the Russian nats, and that draw had nothing but fast written all over it

Lets see ...

B-18-N-12
22-11-C
M-13-E-21
8-1-20
3-2-10
F-K-6-19

indeed, nothing but fast ...

indeed, nothing but fast ...

Airspeed, Fire, or Sinapsi probably would've done even higher, so yeah i'd say that's a pretty dam fast draw, I just spoke with Kirk about it a few hours ago and he agreed it was one of the fastest he had ever seen. Even the fastest draws have a few slow rounds built in. You also might want to rethink your list, i'd consider M 13 E 21 pretty fast.

On another note, I have a little more news from the frontlines of the World Meet. Kirk was in Denver all weekend running a tunnel camp so I drove up today to say hi and wish him luck next month. While I was there I asked him if Airspeed had done that 8 round draw that the French recently did, he said that they had and finished a few points shy of the French unfortunately. So like I've been saying we definitely have a battle on our hands next month, but I still think we can pull it off before Croatia Airspeed had never done above a 20 in training and they pulled it out at the WM then, I got faith;)

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

So like I've been saying we definitely have a battle on our hands next month, but I still think we can pull it off before Croatia Airspeed had never done above a 20 in training and they pulled it out at the WM then, I got faith;)

Great when they have to be! :ph34r:

Sorry if this is driving you crazy, Ron. Next time you (or anyone else) asks my views on the matter in person I'll tell you exactly what I think, but I prefer not to attach my name to a web discussion, it can bite you on the ass for all the wrong reasons, as I'm sure you know.

It would be impossible to ask you in person since you hide behind a screen name. See the irony? "I'll tell you in person, but I will not tell you who I am."

As it stands I'm glad to have had this friendly chat with you, it has been most interesting. You are just like a little terrier with a bone, always searching for that final, elusive piece of flesh.

Ah, so since I wish to know how you claim to know all the things you claim to know....You insult me?

Nice to know what type of person I was dealing with, even if I can't know who it was.

If you are afraid to stand behind your views....Maybe you should just keep them to yourself? Honest and open discussions can not be had when one person hides under a false identity.

If you are afraid of repercussion of your views....Maybe you should keep them quiet, instead of hide?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ahhh. My point exactly. :P

Although yes, it is somewhat ironic. Perhaps should our paths cross, and the conversation come up, we can talk with real faces and no false fronts, other than the usual.

I didn't mean to insult you, it was meant in jest. You are certainly nothing but tenacious, surely a great quality in a competitor.

All the best :)
AA

For two hundred I won't tel anyone who anyone is, but I will stand on my head and drink beer til it comes out my nose. Just though I'd throw that offer on the table:P

And Talbert, you're right, competition brings out the best in Airspeed, i'll bet if they ere eally in a meet when they did that 8 rounder they would've crushed it. Looked what happened to them at the last world cup, they flew harder than they ever had in training.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ron, sorry bro, the Angel just put a cheque in the mail, my lips gotta stay zipped !
Anyway, back to the original "who's it gonna be?" thread that started a couple hundred pages back.....
Following on from Mr Talbert's comments, the teams that win will have trained hard, trained smart, have unwavering self-belief, natural talent, passion, determination and a fire in their eyes that blinds them to any other possibility than standing on the top step......if all else fails and there is more than one team that can get all these stars aligned on the day, well some old-fashioned good luck might just make the difference.
That's the exciting thing about competitions like this , we just don't know for sure. But when the dust settles and some will have achieved their dreams and others not, they're all still winners since they've all busted their balls (or not, but I'm not gonna get into the gender thing :P) to give their best. There's a great quote by Mr Roosevelt about those in the arena, so us armchair critics can speculate all we want but we'll just have to wait for a few more weeks to watch it all unravel, and maybe be inspired to get into the arena ourselves.
I'll be at the meet and what I do know is that several friends and a couple ex-teammates will have some shiny metal-work jangling around their necks...I just hope they let me touch it ;)
Now, where's my popcorn and icecream...........

Well what about me, I know this guy, who knows someone, that dated a girl, who was related to Alienangel's dogsitter's roommates best friends psychic consultant. So I expect a check too:P
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Kirk was in Denver all weekend running a tunnel camp so I drove up today to say hi and wish him luck next month. While I was there I asked him if Airspeed had done that 8 round draw that the French recently did, he said that they had and finished a few points shy of the French unfortunately

I forgot to add something that Kirk said when I asked him about doing the 8 round draw, as he put the French may have scored higher but "they didn't have us in their face while they did it!"

It's amazing how much confidence he has going into this with the way the odds are stacked. And BTW, it's only 3 weeks away:D

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Why are the odds stacked against Airspeed?

Not saying they are stacked against Airspeed. But from his post "While I was there I asked him if Airspeed had done that 8 round draw that the French recently did, he said that they had and finished a few points shy of the French unfortunately"

Having done the same draw and posting a lower score could be one reason why someone thinks they are the underdog.

The French team has had the same group together since 2004. And they have only been three points behind Airspeed in every world meet they have attended, while Airspeed has replaced people. That could be another reason.

The French beat Airspeed in 05 at the Malevsky meet.

So I can see how someone could think of Airspeed as the underdogs.

They know how to be champions on the day and that's what counts

Can not the same thing be said for the French, or the Russians?

Love of a team should not be blind to other evidence or other opinions.

I think Airspeed will win, but I understand that they could be seen as underdogs due to the reasons given.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334