sdctlc

Synchronicity & Team Select

I just read the article on Skyleague.com about Synchronicity not wanting to go to the World Meet but asking for one of the four US slots at the Malevsky Cup 2006 instead. Interesting article NSL News Story

Also interesting to note that Fastrax dumped Select as a team. I was suprised to see this and there is no note of it that I can see on the Fastrax site..

It seems that he womens division is taking hold internationally but it really seems up in the air now in the US. Personally I think it has been proven that women can compete with the men. Given the success that has been seen recently with women on the top 4 way teams it is hard to disagree with that point of view.

Anybody have any thoughts on this situation? I am curious as it seems to involve the Best Womens team in the world saying no to the World meet..

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Also interesting to note that Fastrax dumped Select as a team. I was suprised to see this and there is no note of it that I can see on the Fastrax site..

You tend to not advertise the negative.

I am curious as it seems to involve the Best Womens team in the world saying no to the World meet..

In the case of the the Synchronicity folks. Well they have made a tough choice. But they felt they didn't have enough time to get ready for the World Meet. One member is starting a new company, another is focusing on her job as a lawyer, one pretty much lost her home in New Orleans.

They felt that they didn't want to do it half way.

As for the womens teams...I think women have show they can do anything a man can in this sport...So yes some of the draw might be dying.

Also the USPA does not support the womens project.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

It seems that the womens division is taking hold internationally but it really seems up in the air now in the US.

I tend to disagree. I think the women's division is very clear in the US. The current situation is simply a changing of the guard. Synchronicity represented the US extremely well in several World Championships and a world cup. Currently they are the best women's team in the world and they will go out on top. Isn't this every athlete's dream?

Ron is correct. They made a very hard and well thought out decision to step down for Germany. Select is also a very good women's team. They finished 5th at the World Cup and will only get stronger this season.

We should not confuse John Hart's business decisions with anything that is related to skydiving or USPA. While USPA does not favor a women's program, they are committed to sanctioning a US Women's team, and supporting it with Trust Fund proceeds, so long as this division remains an IPC event.

IMO - whether there should be a women'd division is a completely different issue and it has been discussed in numerous other threads. Do I think there should be a women's division? Well, I'm a fence sitter. I see it better promoting the sport, but I also think women can and do compete on a very equal level in this sport. Do I think USA should send a team - HELL YES. If IPC has this as an event, USA should be represented. Select will do great. They have earned the position they are in and I hope they are supported.

Steve
GT

Synchronicity represented the US extremely well in several World Championships and a world cup. Currently they are the best women's team in the world and they will go out on top.

I'll just miss them at wpc.:(I was sooo looking forward to it.It's great to see them perform so I hope they'll make a great result at Malevsky! ;)

It's a shame that there will not be a show down between them and the French girls at the World Meet.

I wish all the Synchronicity girls the very best in their future endeavours and hope that they have a blast at the Malevsky Meet.

As I consider myself a nomad, there is not one specific country that I support, so (and no boo, hisses, please and apologies to John L) from last year's World Cup, I am in the French girl's corner.

When they have a good competition day they are outstanding and they are very friendly as a team (hey, they put up with my rusty French spoken in a Swiss accent although recent conversations have reverted back to English!!!!).

Big Oops - I said to Mark Kirkby a couple of months ago "I heard you have joined Fastrax Select" I meant Fastrax, but Fastrax Select came out of my mouth for some bizarre reason.:$

Liz

Of course I am in your corner as well - that goes without saying!!

You can't be in everyones corner.....Unless you have split personalities:P
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Unless you have split personalities

Damn, you busted me;)

It's like rugby - I support New Zealand and Scotland. I want them to win the games they play, however, if they play against each other, I just sit back and enjoy the match not caring who wins, knowing it will be a good match.

OK, probably not the best example to use as Scotland usually sucks in rugby, but you get the point.

Liz

Unless you have split personalities

Damn, you busted me;)

It's like rugby - I support New Zealand and Scotland. I want them to win the games they play, however, if they play against each other, I just sit back and enjoy the match not caring who wins, knowing it will be a good match.

OK, probably not the best example to use as Scotland usually sucks in rugby, but you get the point.

Liz

...so is that the same Scotland which beat France and England?

Hey !!!!!

Let me remind you that France is about to win the 6 nations this year!!

They kicked England's ass quite well last sunday, so satisfaying ... ;-)

But I think there is no real link with synchronicity... unless they start rugby instead.
Patrick