AMax

Malevsky Cup

Peep Fires round 5. They had a pretty big glitch that cost 2.9 seconds and STILL tied the high score!!!!

WOW

Also Fastrax in second ties with AS....

Impressive.

Watch FT and look at the 19...I always wondered how that would go with the front always vertical.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Watch FT and look at the 19...I always wondered how that would go with the front always vertical.

It seems to work pretty well, although I still do not completely understand the rational for back piece going over on 19.

It seems to work pretty well, although I still do not completely understand the rational for back piece going over on 19.

One reason is that if the back piece goes over they have from the knee to the toe to get a grip. If you put the front piece over you have to be back on level to get the grip.

Many times I have seen bootie grabs and foot docks at the close of the 19....All legal.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

One reason is that if the back piece goes over they have from the knee to the toe to get a grip. If you put the front piece over you have to be back on level to get the grip.

Many times I have seen bootie grabs and foot docks at the close of the 19....All legal.

I see - Thanks for clarification ;)

Oddessey picked up their game and has now moved up giving the US all four top slots, this is going to be one hell of a finish!!

In the 8 way the US has closed the gap with France to one point, penalties in the last round kept them from taking the top position. but considering that AS is spending 12+ hours on the dropzone competing every day that's an incredible performance.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

holy shit! what a meet! round 8 is complete and fire is still in the lead. :D:)
work it! work it!

damn it! why do they have competitions during the week when i can get in trouble for keeping up with them!

:D

i'm quite impressed with the belgiums as well. these guys are doing great as are the russians...all of them.

let's see how 8-way unfolds...

(okay, sorry, i got a little excited for a second...it was a nice distraction from other stuff)

p.s. go ladybirds!!!!!!!!!!! :)

My other work computer is down for the count and all my special software is on that machine...I suppose I'll just have to do nothing all day! We can get in trouble together, Arlo. :D

Are they only doing 2 jumps a day? Is that standard for this meet?

Are they only doing 2 jumps a day? Is that standard for this meet?

Yeah, and they bounce back and forth from 4 to 8 way.

Fire is up by 8 with two rounds to go. I thought they would win, and barring anything really bad....It looks good for them.

Fastrax...Well I'll admit I underestimated them. They look GOOD.

The two Airspeed teams look good...I can't help but think that the 4 and 8 way at the same time is such a drain. 12 hours a day at the DZ...Can't be fun, or easy to keep a high level of energy.

Still the top 4 seem to be the US. Of course the Frogs are not there.

With 8 teams doing a 19 or better I think this may be the biggest, baddest comp I have ever seen.

8 points with 2 rounds left, under the new rules, this is a lock barring disaster. Downside to the new rules, it makes a comeback much more difficult thereby, less exciting for the viewing public. Hmmmmm, wasn't part of this plan to make the sport more viewer friendly????

Jumping off soapbox.

Nice job by fire and all the US teams. Fastrax lookin good.

Arlo - just saw the calendar. All I can say is "Wow".

Still the top 4 seem to be the US. Of course the Frogs are not there.

With 8 teams doing a 19 or better I think this may be the biggest, baddest comp I have ever seen.

There were rumors that French decided not to compete because they completely changed the 4-way lineup. Good for US in a way but looking at Belgium, Italy and Russia it is unlikely that there will be no serious competition for US in 2006. 8-way is such a tight race too! French still have a one-point lead after round 8.

HOLY SHIT! 8-way is TIED!!!!! woohooooooo!! way to go guys!!!!!!

sweeeeeet! it's coming down to round 10 tomorrow for this one!!

work it baby work it!! :)

-----------

steve, :$. thank you for buying it. a dear friend had a mastectomy last year and one this year (she's in the pic with me). the thought of being able to do something to help was the reason. i woudn't have done it otherwise. ;)

looks like both had an 18, but AS had a bust on the first 17. A grip was dropped on the left side two way compressed on the buzzard.

France wins.

wow. it's hard to tell from the video but it looks like airspeed got the 18th in time if there were no busts. the french were almost at the 19th.

congratulations to the french 8-way and airspeed for outstanding performances. that's about as excited as i can get from 1/2 way across the world. :)

thanks guys!